Corsair Community

Really really p***ed off

Spartan0536

Ok, I RMA'd my Corsair Force 60GB SSD, support took their sweet time like I expected, took 7 days on Advanced RMA which I had to pay for to get my SSD for BF3 release and still got it 1 day late due to them not telling me my part was out of stock. I just got my Replacement drive in the mail 12 hours ago, I have spent the last 2 hours and I'm a PROFESSIONAL CERTIFIED PC TECH so this next part is NOT operator error. I plug in the drive and nothing, so I check the cables and positioning, nothing, then out of the blue it works, I figure ok, maybe something was a little loose, I get windows 7 installed and then drive is no longer showing on reboot, I have completely checked all the wiring and my other ******** HDD works PERFECTLY the whole time. IM REALLY PISSED OFF that my REPLACEMENT SSD is also a failure, I have tired different SATA Power connecters including the one my HDD works on as well as the SATA II cables themselves, still nothing but my HDD works perfectly.

I WANT THIS NEXT RMA TO BE OVERNIGHTED FOR FREE, this is ridiculous, my PC is my primary form of entertainment, right now im using my backup PC which is an old Dell Optiplex GX270 with an Nvidia GeForce 440MX, so gaming on this is not gonna happen. My HDD is my storage drive and I am not going to format it and lose all my data just so I can game in the meantime, this is ridiculous. Go ahead and say QQ some more or "cool story bro" all you want, the fact is I paid good money for whats supposed to be one of the best products on the market, and now this.

Update: I can get the drive to read intermittently with my new wiring setup however its hit or miss, i got it to read 3 times then 5 times with NO CHANGES it completely disappears, its not my motherboard either as again my HDD reads perfect the whole time, I am also using the latest Motehrboard BIOS (v3.9) and since this is a replacement drive from Corsair Directly this drive is also using the latest firmware (according to Corsair Tech Support).

use crystal disk mark to look at what firmware version my Force 3 SSD is and it says 1.3, not sure if it would read 1.3.3 id it was but I am assuming it would, if so that means that Corsair Customer Service lied to me on the phone. So I downloaded the latest Firmware from here 1.3.3 and it does not even detect my drive, my controller is built in and its JMicron. I am running natively in AHCI with TRIM enabled in Win 7 Professional x64.

Archived