Corsair Community

TWINCM2X4096-8500C5 Blue screens at 1066

Anti-Skub

• Corsair Employees
I would check with the MB maker to be sure but what I can fond on that MB suggests it will not support that CPU properly. But what are the exact settings you are setting for both CPU and memory and how many modules are installed?

I would check with the MB maker to be sure but what I can fond on that MB suggests it will not support that CPU properly. But what are the exact settings you are setting for both CPU and memory and how many modules are installed?

The CPU is not an issue. It's just lack of support from Asus, if you check the M3N72-D it has all the Phenoms listed, the T was like a special edition that they did for Overclockers.co.uk but because it was a "special" edition they just completely abandoned it support wise. If you try and contact Asus support about it they've never heard of it and the CPU support list is entirely wrong. In fact up until last week the website claimed that it only supported 3 different Athlons.

Anyway the CPU is running default. 1.4v, 3.7ghz, 200 frequencym 18.5x multiplier. I'm not changing any settings on the ram either other than turning on the EPP in the bios which sets it at the (apparently guaranteed to work) 5-5-5-15-22 2t 2.1v.

As I said I've tried putting on a little more voltage to get it to stop blue screening, and while going up a few notches increases the length of time it'll run before crashing it doesn't fix the problem. It is definitely the ram by the way. It's a brand new CPU and I had the same issue with the old one. Setting the ram to the Jdec 800mhz 1.8v is completely stable.

• Corsair Employees
Maybe a friend can help you but I would start with what I suggested and contact the MB manufacturer, I just checked and the updated CPU support list DOES not show that CPU for that MB. And or see if a friend can help you. But have you tried testing the modules one at a time, and do you get the same results?

Maybe a friend can help you but I would start with what I suggested and contact the MB manufacturer, I just checked and the updated CPU support list DOES not show that CPU for that MB. And or see if a friend can help you. But have you tried testing the modules one at a time, and do you get the same results?

Yes I've tested them individually and no one I know has a motherboard that would be compatible (many of them don't even own desktop PCs) and I don't think that's unusual.

As I said before Asus has dropped support for the board, the CPU list on their is wrong, it always has been. You can clearly see on the box that there is a big AM3 Support logo and zero AM3 processor on the supported list. Any attempt to ask them about the board is met with such responses as "I've never heard of that, don't you mean the M3N72-D".

Set your Clock Skew to delay. I had the same problem with my system (Phenom 2 940 on M4N82). delay 300 ps works fo me. :) no more BSOD-s

What does clock skew actually do? I'll try it later on today but I'd like to know what it does before I just blindly go messing with it.

Update - I tried setting the delay a bit higher 300 didn't help much but 450 made the system partially stable. It didn't blue screen but I had a lot of programs crashing and errors. Didn't want to set it much higher without knowing exactly what it did.

I can´t remember exactly 100% what Clock skew does but it was one of the things that helped making it possible to run my RAM at 1066 without BSOD-s and program crashes.

I see you are having the same kind of problems that I used to have :)

My firs attempt was Advance 150 Ps for both channels and I managed to finally run Memtest up to 600% with no errors but Prime 95 would fail and BFBC2 would crash all the time so I had to do some more tweaking to make it stable. So I tried delaying it but setting it way too delayed also made my system unstable (450 Ps delay was unstable to me ).

So 3 days ago I found that only 100% stable setting is "normal" (AUTO is setting it to 300 Ps Advance - CATASTROPHIC -instant BSOD :) )

Voltage is 2.1 (as declared by manufacturer) when I tried to set it to 2.2 it was also unstable (cores failing in prime 95 as soon as I start it) so for me the default value gave best results.

Latencies that work in my case are 5-5-5-20-25 instead of 5-5-5-15-22.

Now it runs Prime 95 for hours with no error and I can OC it to 1099 Mhz with no problems.

There is a way to make it work, it just takes some time and nervs/hair pulling :)

You my also try with Channel Interleaving. XOR of Address bits [20:16,6] works best for me but I can´t guarantee

it for you.

Cheers ! :)

Thanks for the info man :)

Btw I forgot to mention a few things... they may sound a little supersticious but it´s worth trying.

1. Asus reccomends two out of four slots to be used for 1066 Mhz memory. In my case yellow ones (M4N82 Deluxe MoBo) but two other slots have shown to be much better option.

2. Switch sticks. Put the left one in the right slot and right one in the left. (worked for me)

Archived