Corsair Community

H100 Cooling Profile Questions

Horrific

Having read the stickies, I have determined that the cooling profiles do change, however not very much. The fans spin up to max when the system boots, then drops off significantly when in Windows.

Can I adjust the profiles, or alternatively, can I jumper the 2 fans together and plug them into the CPU fan header?

I have seen my cpu temps hit 45 C under load and the fans never increase in speed. My lowest Idle temp is 28C, and I have a friend that uses the H80 and told me he gets 19C as his lowest idle temp.

thanks for any responses!

The profiles behavior are shown in the graph included in the thread below. Scroll down in the thread to find it:

http://www.corsair.com/blog/installing-the-hydro-series-h100-extreme-performance-cpu-cooler-in-the-obsidian-800d/

You can't modify the profiles yourself. Connecting the Corsair three pin fans individually or with a jumper to the the four pin PWM CPU fan header will cause them to run at full speed constantly.

Where is the radiator mounted in your case, and do you have it configured to pull air into the case, or are you exhausting air out from inside the case?

I have the radiator mounted on top of the case, fans pull airinto the case. Just noticed after the third day after install the fans are not running and no lights on the block. looks like the h100 died. The bios says NA for CPU Fan into which the unit is plugged. I have tried the reset thing, nothing works.

gunna start a new thread about this, definately not a happy camper atm.:mad:

Archived