Corsair Community

cx600 with sapphire PC-AM3RS890G2 – PURE CrossFireX 890GX mobo

cxguy

hello,

the psu cx600 seems to work with other (older) mobos but with the new sapphire PC-AM3RS890G2 – PURE CrossFireX 890GX it does not!

i made the psu test, short the green pin and a black pin on the 24-pin connector with fan attached, it worked fine.

can anyone sugest what i do wrong?

lg

How is it not working? You should enter your PC's components in the PC Specs, so we know what they are.

It could be the different ATX specs of the PS and the mother board. Does your new board have an eight pin EPS power plug, and your PS a four pin EPS cable?

How is it not working? You should enter your PC's components in the PC Specs, so we know what they are.

It could be the different ATX specs of the PS and the mother board. Does your new board have an eight pin EPS power plug, and your PS a four pin EPS cable?

the mobo has an 8pin eps power plug and the 24pin and a 12v 4pin (like the old hdds) for onboard gpu, with an noname 500w psu it works fine but with cx600w v2 it doesn't

mobo: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=2&gid=361&sgid=362&pid=1090&psn=&lid=1&leg=0

psu: http://www.corsair.com/power-supply-units/builder-series/builder-series-cx600-v2-80plus-certified-power-supply.html

Please use the rma request link to the left to apply for and RMA for replacement.

There not any known compatibly issue with your motherboard.

Hello,

i'v testet the psu cx600v2 with 2 other old (3years) mobos no other devices attached only mobo+psu -> it works as expected.

with the sapphire PC-AM3RS890G2 – PURE CrossFireX 890GX mobo it works only if i have 2 or 3 other devices attached, for ex: mobo+2-dvd/cd+hdd.

what will i say with the above, it seems that a minimum load? is needed for the mobo, i can't imagine that the psu needs a minimum load...

i'v flashed the last available bios for this board, no changes to my "problem"

for me this is funny...

lg

Archived