Corsair Community

H100 + Asus Crosshair V - Fan Error + freezing

DarkSidesHero

Hi here is the email I just sent to Corsair

Hi, installed the H100 this pass Sunday and everything was working fine. I ran a few stress tests to see what temps I was getting with the new H100. CPU temp was at steady 38* while using Prime95 for 30mins. Computer ran perfect for the rest of the day.

Today however it booted up fine when I got home, started up Folding @ Home & FireFox then the PC shut down. I turned it on, nothing on screen then it shut down on its own. Pressed clear cmos button, boots, says to recover BIOS, pressed F1 then it froze up. Restart nothing. Unplugged everything, took out the GPU, RAM, PSU Connectors, re-assembled everything then I get a CPU Fan error, press F1, then it freezes in the BIOS. The 2 radiator fans are working, the light on the pump is on, the fans slow down/ go faster when I press the button on the pump. This has been happening all night even when connecting my old Zalman fan back up. I have the molex connected to the psu & the other cable to the cpu fan header on the motherboard. Someone suggested that perhaps the H100 had a bad pump and fried my CPU. I really hope this is not the case

My PC specs are below

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ stock 2.8Ghz

Motherboard - ASUS Crosshair V Formula

Memory - G.SKILL Sniper 16GB

GPU - AMD Radeon HD 6990

HDD -Seagate Barracuda 1TB

PSU - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 850W

Case - COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper SGC-6000-KXN1-GP

Please contact with any info regarding this problem. Thank you.

So what do you guys think

If you saw a CPU fan error when you booted with the H100, that indicates the pump was not running, or running at a speed below the minimum CPU fan speed programmed in your BIOS. The pump's speed would be whatever is displayed for the CPU fan speed in that case.

You can test the pump without installing it as a CPU cooler. Connect the pump to a molex cable for power, and the three pin connector from the pump to a fan header. Put the pump anywhere, or hold it in you hand. The pump's speed should be ~2000 RPM.

When I was able to get to the fan options in the bios it showed it at 65rpms....that's not a typo either. Would be nice if the led on the pump turned red to indicate the pump has failed.

Better yet, How about a small led display directly on the pump head that read just RPM's.!

Archived