Corsair Community

CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 & Asus Crosshair IV formula

Exellior

Hi all.

After some thought I decided that I want to upgrade my memory a bit, from 8gb to 16gb. I am planing to buy Corsair Vengeance 4x 4gb kit (CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9).

At the moment I have almost 2 years old PC with Asus Crosshair IV formula motherboard (I bought it a few months ago) with AMD quad core cpu, GTX480 card and 4x 2gb dominator corsair RAM (2xCMD4GX3M2A1600C8).

I have checked this site http://www.corsair.com/learn_n_explore first before I decided to post this here but I am a little bit confused now. (I am not a computer expert, I rely on my brother's and friends' opinions when it comes to building a PC and it worked so far)

Based on what I have seen on that site, my motherboard isn't on compatibility list (crosshair V formula is though) and I can't find a different model that would have my motherboard on compatibility list (CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B for example) in the store where I usually buy stuff (I am from Slovenia, so that store is also here, although the prices are too high in every store in this country, my opinion).

So, would the memory model CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 still work on my motherboard, although it is not on compatibility list? And if it does work, would I have any problems with my PC performance?

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
Those modules will work with that MB but the CPU from AMD's will only officially support DDR1333, so you may have to set the memory frequency at DDr1333 and even though we test them at 1.5 Volts on The Intel Sandy Bridge platform, so you may need to increase the memory Voltage when running them on an AMD CPU!

Archived