Corsair Community

Modular cables: 1 connector per cable?

Hi,

I am due for a PSU upgrade soon, (looking at the AX750/850) and would like to know if Corsair makes custom modular cables? Essentially all I want is 1 connector per cable.

All I have is 2 HDD's and an optical drive (all SATA). With all those extra connectors in between, the cable management is still a bit messy.

Thanks

i really don't like the cables that come with the psu, they're really stiff and the distances between the plugs don't work that well for my rig.

i'm thinking of building my own cables for them.

they do do a cable with two connectors that may work better with your setup, leaving only one spare connector floating free

edit - ha, what MojoVersion8 said!

Your best bet is to pick up some of the same gauge wire (ask a Corsair rep for the specs, and recommendations), and either mod the existing ones (remove SATA connectors and the "PCI-E" power plug they use for the PSU end, and replace wire to desired length, sleeving it if desired) or simply create your own by purchasing the plugs for both ends.

I'll check my HX PSU if you like, but I'm pretty sure it's simply a 6-pin PCI-E power plug for the PSU connection end.

I recently changed the spacing on one of my SATA power cables (HX series PSU) so that it would fit across three closely spaced drives with no cable flexing. I didn't chop the cables off, but sealed the nicks in the wires caused by the original position of the plugs with some insulation tape, and hid the excess.

Archived