Corsair Community

P4C800-E Deluxe p4 3.0 northwood Best ram?

syndragon

Ok I'm looking for the current best ram for this board. With out having to do any physical Modfications to the board. I'm going to be running an air cooled system. All I know Is I would like What ever is going to give me the best performance and speed. I do have a four inch copper heat sink on the cpu though with a fan on it. And 7 fan air cooled box. Any suggestions will be greatly apreciated.

A good overclocking choice is TwinX1024-4000, but your CPU isn't the best overclocker around. While the PC4000 would allow you a lot of headroom to overclock, I wouldn't gaurantee that you'd be able to achieve a 250MHz clock. The 3200XL, on the other hand, has proven to be extremely good at overclocking with only slightly relaxed timings. I think that would be the way to go for you because you'd get the best of both worlds! PLUR CK

What about running this at 260/520 hehehe I've seen out it perform pc4000 bench's with this. Thats with the corsair 3200xl. It even looks like this ram is BH5!!!! Now from would I gathard cause of the tight timmings on a board like mine this ram actualy out performed the pc4000 corsiar wich blew my mind. But It feels as if I'm holding my self back because My board supports 3200 And I've seen people using 3700 stable on this board. But so far I think this is the best choice thanxs guys.

Yeah the people I saw doing high speeds were using vapor chills lol. Nice comment on the winbond. Yeah I gues I'll just go with the chip you guys recomended. It's got great tight timmings. What's the poing of going higher and fubaring my board. Thanxs for the info. :D [quote name='RAM GUY']With the CPU you are going to use there would little chance of getting anywhere close to 260 Mhz! Maybe 220 MHz, but more than likely somewhere between 210-220 MHz![/QUOTE]

Archived