Corsair Community

Advice on new build.

I need some adice on a new build.

I am going to use AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core.

The problem I am having and need advice on is.... Which motherboard to get.

I was looking at MSI 890 FXA-GD 65 or 70 or the Asus M4A88T-M.

All my builds in the past have been with MSI's. Ive had very good luck with MSI products.

I tried this pc of crap ASRock and tied my hands with it. It will be a second PC for me. or three if you count the laptop.

I am using the new build for 1, Performance, Multitasking, Gaming. So I will also need advice on some memory that wont break the bank. Plus I would like to use DDR3 1333MHz memory.Needs advice on that too...:confused:

For the Mobo? I want to spend between $100-$200.

Also some ideas on a good fan under $50

Oh! One more thing. I am buying the AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor, Black Edition (HDT90ZFBGRBOX) or Should I spend the extra and get AMD Black Edition AMD Phenom II X6 1090T / 3.2 GHz processor. Is there really that much of a differance??? or Should I just stick to the 1090T???

Ive looked at so many mobo's my eyes are crossing.:eek: Its been about 3 years since I did a build.

Any and all suggestions will be much appreciated:biggrin:

Unfortunately I'm not really able to answer your questions, but I thought I'd give you some resources that I use that may help.

• reddit.com/r/buildapc is a really wonderfully community that you can post questions exactly like this one and get answers pretty quick.
  • overclock.net/amd-general/ another large community that I think you might find helpful.
  • pcpartpicker.com, it's very useful to find the best deals on the parts you want across different online merchants.

Hope this helps :)

Archived