Corsair Community

CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 with MSI A75MA-G55?

kingofqueens201

Hi Folks,

Is the set CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 compatible with the MSI A75MA-G55 Motherboard (running a AMD A-3850 GPU)? I could not find the information on the homepage.

I receiving a lot of Blue Screens when running Win 7 64 Bit. Always caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe & address ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40. Users with similar issue in the internet indicated that the RAM is causing the issue.

Any idea? Any special setting which I need to do or is the set just no compatible with the MB? I left everything on AUTO in the Bios.

Thanks for your help!

Yes they are compatible.

You can run your memory through memtest86+(link is on the left side of the page). Load set up defaults, set your timings and voltage and test them one at a time in the first slot. This will tell you for sure if the memory is at fault

Thanks for the answer!

What you mean by Load set up defaults?

And what would be the best timings considering to have low voltage & heat development in normal Desktop mode and running up to 1600 MHZ when needed.

I do not have and do not want a separate MB Cooler/Fan. The CPU Fan & Case Fan (on low volume) should be sufficient for normal use.

What you mean by Load set up defaults?

Go into your BIOS and there should be an option to load or optimal, failsafe, or setup defaults. It will be called something to that effect. Basically its just making sure everything is at defaults.

And what would be the best timings considering to have low voltage & heat development in normal Desktop mode and running up to 1600 MHZ when needed.

You timings will printed on the lable of the memory itself. It may not be a bad idea to check your BIOS to make sure they are being set correctly. The voltage should also default to 1.5v as well. But check to make sure. Your MB and processor supports 1866mhz natively so im not exactly sure if 1600mhz would be considered underclocking your memory . The MB's and Processors are pretty new and there really has not been but a few of these systems come through the forums as of now. Your only the third that i know of. Regardless you should be able to run 1600mhz with no sweat at all. And even if it IS considered underclocking the timings and voltages would still be the same.

I do not have and do not want a separate MB Cooler/Fan. The CPU Fan & Case Fan (on low volume) should be sufficient for normal use.

Here again since the MB supports 1866 natively there will be no need for any sort of extra cooling. Running 1600mhz should actually be less stress on the memory controller. Therefore less heat. The vengeance modules do not run hot anyway. If you were overclocking the memory , possibly. But your case is a little different. :)

I went a googled the address of the error. I could not find anything in the windows seven forums about RAM being an issue. They all seem to point to either a corrupt OS driver or a device driver. Audio being the biggest culprit. I would run a systm file check to verify and repair(if needed) your system drivers.

Heres a couple of neat little programs that you could also run to help diagnose the bluescreens.

Who Crashed

http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

Theres a free download with a trial version that let you use it for alimited time, but should be enough to get some information out of it .

And the other is Blue Screen View found here

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Archived