Corsair Community

CMZ12GX3M3A2000C10 on Sandy Bridge

Grechie

Hey fellow Corsair users :)

Please forgive this long post, but i would appreciate any help :)

I currently am having an issue with my CMZ12GX3M3A2000C10 kit on my Intel 2600k and P8P67 deluxe motherboard...

For some time, i have been running my 2600k and p8p67 deluxe mother board with a corsair 1600 MHz xms 3 kit (4x2gb) and it has been flawless!

Pretty much turned the PC on when i built it back in april, hit ASUS optimal in the uEFI, it auto over clocked the cpu to 4.4 GHz, and ran the memory at 1648 MHz (due to o.c) and set the ram to 1.65v and 9 9 9 24 2t automatically and the system ran beautifully, it passed all prime 95 and intel burn tests i threw at it!

With the exact bios settings (all auto) as before I went out and got a CMZ12GX3M3A2000C10 and only fitted 2 sticks into the correct blue slots (A2 and B2) as its a triple channel kit and i only want to use 2 sticks...

Before i powered up the PC, i reset my CMOS (button on the back of the motherboard) and simply turned on the machine, entered bios, and re hit the ASUS optimal button in the uEFI and rebooted, success, the machine posts and runs the ram at 1922mhz (due to the oc) and 10 10 10 27 timings @ 1.5v (at the specification that the sticks state)

Before i state the Issue I'm having, i just want to say, i have ran memtest 4.20 on each 4GB stick individually and each stick has passed with flying colours (multiple loops)

Now the issue is, the PC is not stable in windows, I'm getting issues like crashes at random(program crashes) and or memory address errors, and even blue screens...I ran intel burn test and prime 95, and surely both fail...(sometimes the programs will let me know sometimes the machine will just BSOD and reboot)

So i enter my uEFI bios, and i manually select 1.65v to ensure its not a voltage issue...rebooted, into windows, and I'm getting after some time, the same issues as before....

So i then tried the ram at 1333mhz @ 1.5v @ 9 9 9 24 and surely the ram passes intel burn test and prime 95...

However when its set back to 1922mhz it fails (remembering either 1.5 or 1.65)

Is there anything i can change or tweak to get this rig stable at its desired speed? I mean, its running at a lower frequency and correct timings and still failing?

Now before you ask, i have tried the exact steps above, but instead ran ASUS normal which does not over clock the CPU, it however runs the ram at 1922mhz @ 1.5v 10 10 10 27 and still i get dramas, so the over clocked cpu has no effect on the rams stability what so ever...

So....any help would be appreciated guys!

Sorry for the painful POST, and Thanks again :)

It may even be that it is just your memory controller topping out. Once you go past 1333mhz there are no guarantees as to how far any given memory will overclock. It all depends on your CPU's memory controller

You could try a bump up in memory controller voltage. Set it to 1.25v and retest

Thanks guys

I did what Synthohol suggested and enabled XMP instead of auto in the uEFI bios, and it brought the ram down to 1866MHZ @ 10 10 10 27 @ 1.5v and its stable...

However what is strange is anything higher then 1866mhz (my next option is 1922mhz and then 2133mhz) the PC is not stable, so for example, at 1922mhz @ 10 10 10 27 @ 1.5 it is not stable, but if i bump the volts to 1.6v at 1922mhz it is stable...

It may even be that it is just your memory controller topping out. Once you go past 1333mhz there are no guarantees as to how far any given memory will overclock. It all depends on your CPU's memory controller

You could try a bump up in memory controller voltage. Set it to 1.25v and retest

Forgive me and i am in no way wanting to sound like im being hostile but are you suggesting I am overclocking the ram? I just wanted it to run at 2000mhz like the ram states it can @ 10 10 10 27 but it wont even do that at 1922mhz, i have to raise 1922mhz to 1.6v for it to be stable?

Cheers peanutz

Archived