Corsair Community

new SP2500

Attackron46

Hi I just got a sp-2500 and what a pain it is. The left speaker just stops working. If you touch or unplug audio connection to system left speaker quits working. I did discover that if I uninstall the audio driver and re install the drivers that the speakers would start working again, till i bump the desk or something then it starts all over again. Very dissatisfied customer:(::(: glad I got it at newegg.:sigh!: Trying to decide weather to return for refund or is there a solution to this QC problem. I have read this forum, wish i did before I purchased your product; and speaker loss or POD wash seems to be a real problem for lots of people. Is there any permanent fix or solution to this problem ? $250.00 will buy a lot of speaker from some other manufacturer.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but we are not open on weekends, please try and play with the cables and see if its just a loose cable or connection coming from the POD control. Or is it the speaker it self? Also can you test them on another system to be sure its not the system problem?

People that don't have issues don't speak up as there's no need to. For example, my SP2500s work just fine.

so whats your point ????

so if 1 of 10 units work then its a good product, your kidding me right ?

Google it> this unit has a huge failure rate. maybe your the lucky one.

if the forum admin acts like this chump, i don't even what to know what customer service is like. Thanks for saving me the effort of supporting your salary. I have request a RMA with full refund.

No, what I'm saying is that just because you see posts here with issues doesn't mean 1/10 are good, or even 9/10 are good. This is a support forum and as such posts here will always be about people having issues. It's a bad data set to base anything on.

In otherwords, you stated that you believe lots of people have issues with that speakers based upon what you're reading on the forum. That's like going to a car dealership's service center and assuming based solely upon what you see that all of the cars that they sell are crap.

You can't see the thousands of people that have no issues with the product, nor do either of us have any idea of the number sold, therefore there is no logical way to know the percentage of people with or without issues with any item.

Also, please don't call me a chump as you know nothing about me. That wasn't a very nice thing to say. :[pouts:

BTW, I don't work for them, so your comment about salary would only apply to Ram Guy.

• Corsair Employees

Wired does not work for Corsair as a paid employee; he is Volunteering his time to help us on our part of the forum. He is part of the original forum http://www.houseofhelp.com.

In addition, calling people names on the forum is against the rules that you also agreed to when you joined the forum. So please do not do that again it is not nice and it is against the rules of the forum.

I am sorry that you have a problem with one of our products but we will do our best to help you get it sorted out. And as Wired suggested most people who do not have a problem do not post on the forum. So while I understand your frustration its not nice to take it out on other people. And I am sorry for the inconvenience it may have caused you.

Now have you tried anything that I suggested to narrow down the issue?

well your volunteer cost you a cash paying customer.

No need for your help.

I have returned your defective product and received a full refund.

I had no ideal that corsair had become so wealthy that they no longer needed new sales or new customers.

Volunteer or not his post was aggressive in nature and reflex's very poorly on CORSAIR as a company and a product. I'll spend my xmas money elsewhere thank you.

Not mentioning the volunteer/employee thing but to be honest I would return the speakers. I have had issue with the Screen going blank 1/2 the time since October 11th. Since then I have read on these boards that Corsair is sending out replacement Control Pods to people. I filled for RMA on the 11th.

After having to post on these forums and having one of the staff here push it through it was finally approved last week at which time they ask me to send old one back. I explain that I would like a new one sent out as I do not want to be without sound for 2+ weeks if I was to send it in and wait for replacement to come back. After three days they respond with a "Sorry we did not receive your part, do you have a tracking number for it?" so again I explain that I want to see if It is possible to just send this part, or just tell me how much it is and Ill freaking buy it as I do not want to be without sound for two weeks. I receive a reply today, five days later telling me

"Thank you for contacting Corsair!

We do offer advance replacement, please contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 ext 0 and request for an advance RMA. This will require a hold on your credit card in order for us to send the replacement out to you first. Once you return the defective part back to us we will release the hold on your credit card. If the part isn’t returned within a two week window from the day it was shipped we will notify you and will be charging your credit card.

Please have your RMA number and part number ready when you call. Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm PST.

Thank you for choosing Corsair and we appreciate your business. "

So now i need to call in and waste more time just to get a replacement for a part that is known to malfunction (I read in a post that it is a manufacturing issue on corsair).

I have a ton of Corsair items and love the products, but to be honest there service sucks.

I just had a bad waterblock from EK and they sent me a brand new block from overseas and a box to ship back. They also sent it express and I got it in two days.

Things break I get it, but service after the fact goes a long way toward repeat business.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but that is just a default email, they will normally just send the POD out and let you know if we need the old one returned but you would or should speak with our customer service they can take care of you right away and the call is toll free

Archived