Corsair Community

New 650D owner here

steve franklin

Hello all.

I got my 650d yesterday so I thought I'd make my first post. Nice case. Better than the nice but not to be named aluminum one I have. Also got the H-100 and Vengeance ram. Asus p8z68-v Pro/gen3 and a 2500k to round it out. It's all together now except for the cooler which should arrive Saturday. I'm tempted to put the stock on and give it go. At least install Win 7, would you? This should be fun.

See ya, Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ram Guy,

Yes the H-100 came on Saturday as scheduled. The 2500k I have will run an easy 4.6@1.3v with idle temps of 29c and 59c Prime'95. No complaints about the sound if the fan switch is left at the lowest setting. Installation was a snap and no gurgle or clearance issues. Now, as soon as the mesh side panel gets here in goes the 200mm fan from the top. Still waiting for that killer deal on the video card. Hundred dollar range will do for me.

Thank, Steve

Hello,

I got the mesh side panel today and mounted the fan removed from the top. Will change it out for the plexiglass one tomorrow. From looking around at online prices, I got lucky on the hard drive side of things. Purchased a one gig WD Passport in September and happened to run their included diagnostics on my old (2008 maybe) 640g Caviar Black and it had a bad sector error. RMA'ed to WD and they sent me a 750 Black as a replacement. Not as good a drive perhaps, but still. Value listed on the invoice was about $65. The Passport sure speeds things up when you have to transfer files from the old to the new computer.

Take care, Steve

Archived