Corsair Community

HDD mounts...

m_bisson

So my hard drives are creating fairly strong vibrations in the case (Carbide 500). I took one of the HD holders out and had a closer look at it. Turns out, the small rubber grommets that are supposed to isolate the drive from the rest of the case don't do anything. The small pins that go into the side of the drive for support are connected to another piece that has no rubber mount, thereby making the rubber grommets completely useless. For the drive to be isolated the rubber needs to be the ONLY point of contact with the rest of the case.

I can take the mounting bracket/pins out, leaving the rubber grommets behind, but I have no screws that fit properly to mount the drive. Any suggestions?

If any of you have used the Antec Sonata you'll know the types of screws that would work perfectly... The hard part is finding them :/

Maybe someone from Corsair could respond? I'd like to RMA for the 650D mounts.... heck, I'd even BUY them. The noise is driving me insane.

That's a reason why I could not stand my old case... the HD would mount directly on the aluminum rail and would drive me up the walls :(

Archived