Corsair Community

Static...Some what.

Synopis

I've been having problems with my HS1 USB headset for awhile now. Whenever I play music (doesn't matter what settings I have enabled in the program), there's static. Sometime's it's at the beginning of the song (Call of Ktulu) and lasts for about 20-30 seconds then goes away. Sometime's it's at random spots in songs (One, Devil Went Down To Georgia, Stranglehold). I got a old HD that I wasn't using and installed Kubuntu and noticed that it didn't do it there at all even with it on full settings. I tried about 4 players (Winamp, Songbird, Mediamonkey, and Amarok for Windows) and same thing. I also tried Foobar2k and it does it some what. I also tried installing the 1.1 driver versions and noticed that there was more static than 1.0.

Are you using 24 bit, 96Khz mode? You have to manually set it to this. The driver does not set this for some reason.

Right click your speaker icon in the system tray. Select playback devices. Click the Corsair HS1 and click properties. Click advanced and set the default format to 24 bit, 96 Khz.

I hope that helps.

• Corsair Employees

Please try and UN-install our driver and just use the default Windows driver?

I would also suggest testing them in another system to be sure its not some issue with your system to be sure and If you still hear the static then please proceed with an RMA request using the link on the left

Please try and UN-install our driver and just use the default Windows driver?

Did that on my computer and shockingly there's no static. Would be nice if I could have the drivers installed tho.

I would also suggest testing them in another system to be sure its not some issue with your system to be sure and If you still hear the static then please proceed with an RMA request using the link on the left

Did that in 3 separate computers and same thing even with default with the exception of mine which don't have static. All of them have some version of Windows 7.

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry but I am not clear on what you are saying?

So do you have static on all of the systems? Yes or NO?

If no what systems did and or did not display the static? Complete specs would help?

Do you get static when the drivers are installed Yes or NO?

If you do not get static on one or more of the systems what is the configuration of the systems you tried that displayed the static and which configuration did not?

Did you try and disable the On-board Audio or PCI sound card?

I am sorry but I am not clear on what you are saying?

Hectic weekend.

So do you have static on all of the systems? Yes or NO?

Yes but when I uninstalled the HS1 drivers on my computer (1.0 and 1.1) there was no static. All the other computers that I did try gave me static.

Yes but when I installed Kubuntu 11.10, I didn't get any static.

Did you try and disable the On-board Audio or PCI sound card?

All the computers that I used had no PCI sound card except for my computer since I was having problems with my on board audio. I did disable the sound card and there's still static.

• Corsair Employees
That sounds more like a driver conflict with something in your system, and since we do not provide driver support for Linux Kubuntu 11.10 is not an O.S. that we can consider in this issue. Other than like with Windows when using the default Microsoft driver there is no static is that correct?

I think you may be misunderstanding him RAM GUY.

Yes but when I installed Kubuntu 11.10, I didn't get any static.

That does not mean he somehow installed the drivers in another OS that they were not written for. That simply means he has managed to get it working fine in KUbuntu with the open drivers for USB audio.

(Not trying to get in things. I just felt it needed clarified.)

@Synopsis Have you tried different USB headers? Like the back USB ports instead of the front?

• Corsair Employees

OmniNegro

Yes that was my assumption why I stated:

since we do not provide driver support for Linux Kubuntu 11.10 is not an O.S. that we can consider in this issue. Other than like with Windows when using the default Microsoft driver there is no static is that correct?

So to be clear there was not static on any system you tested as long as the driver was not installed? Is that correct Synopis?

Meaning we took it the same way; what Synopis posted suggested that it worked in Linux using the default driver as; (We do not provide driver support for Linux). Maybe bad choice of words on my part! Anyway I think we are on the same page. but please correct me if I am missing something I scan through these posts fairly quickly sometimes.

In addition one thing that I did not catch the first time reading through this was this statement:

Yes but when I uninstalled the HS1 drivers on my computer (1.0 and 1.1) there was no static. All the other computers that I did try gave me static.

You have uninstall the 1.0 Driver and then restart the system before you install the new driver

May i please have some help i literally just purchased this headset today and im having choppy static issues, the sound quality just sounds really bad. I originally installed the CD driver and i had the static. I then removed the driver, restarted and there was no static but it just does not seem to sound right without the surround sound support... i would really like to be able to use the driver.

I then uninstalled, restarted, installed the newest 1.1 driver, restarted, and the static is back again.. clearly its a driver issue.. how can i fix it?

I take that back, now that i tested it further there is still that static popping sound in some songs im listening to in certain situations. But it is without a doubt far worse when i have the driver installed.. Im honestly very disappointed in this headset i think i will return it and go for a logitech :)

• Corsair Employees
I do understand, but we can try and replace them if you like, in fact Synopis if you are still having the issue please use the link on the left and request an RMA and let me know the case number I would like to see your H/S and test them personally.

Archived