Corsair Community

Vengeance DDR3 1600 12G & P6T Deluxe

McD

Just purchased and installed the ram and in AI Tweaker set AI Overclock Tuner to XMP. I had blue screen issues while gaming so I tested using memtest86+ and the memory passed with flying colors. It was suggested I try Prime95 and it immediately bluescreened. System operates fine while surfing the web, using Office applications, and most other programs.

Any thoughts, recommendations?

That may be exactly the problem. It's never recommended to mix memory like that. You should have purchased a 3 module kit instead of three individual sticks. This way all sticks would have been matched with each other.

Any chance you could return them and purchase a complete kit?

You could also try a little bump up in your memory controller voltage. But if that does not work i would consider returning for a matched kit.

That may be exactly the problem. It's never recommended to mix memory like that. You should have purchased a 3 module kit instead of three individual sticks. This way all sticks would have been matched with each other.

Any chance you could return them and purchase a complete kit?

You could also try a little bump up in your memory controller voltage. But if that does not work i would consider returning for a matched kit.

Thanks for the info peanutz94, I have had success in mixing with previous builds but it appears the newer mem sticks are more temperamental. I have my fingers crossed with returning the memory.

Thanks for the info peanutz94, I have had success in mixing with previous builds but it appears the newer mem sticks are more temperamental. I have my fingers crossed with returning the memory.

Absolutly! Memory is not like it used to be when you could throw just about any thing in and it would post. When the memory controllers got moved to the cpu they are way more temperamental than what they used to be. It is more important than ever to have matched sticks to be compatible with each other.

The same goes for upgrading. You would not want to match two kits of even the same part number.

• Corsair Employees
The same goes for upgrading. You would not want to match two kits of even the same part number.

Even matched sets that were purchased at the same time but two sets may not work together. Its best to get a set of modules that is the density you wan to use.

Archived