Corsair Community

Question about a EOL RAM kit.

Crusheddream

Its come to my attention that my Dominator GT CL8 2000mhz kit has become EOL as its not available anywhere for purchase 3x2gb kits with 8-9-8-24 for timings. I was wondering if Corsair would let me trade my kits in for a 3x4gb kit as they are the same prices as my kit was. I wanted to upgrade to 12gb of RAM for upcoming games but as i cannot find my particular kit anyway i would have to buy an entire new kits of 12gb. I was wondering if it would be at all possible to trade mine in. If for some reason it had to be RMAed there is no replacement for them atleast not that i have found. So i would end up with some different im assuming? So is this an option? maybe a kind gesture on corsairs part? Thank you.

Couple of things:

1. Even if you found a 2nd kit of the same part number, it's never recommended to mix kits that weren't packaged / tested together. Also, 6 sticks @ 2000 MHz is a huge toll on a memory controller.

2. No one on the forum can answer that question. You'd have to get an RMA and then ask what the replacement would be (which is a customer service question).

Archived