Corsair Community

CMX8GX3M4B1333C9 and Intel DP45SG

ExEvolution

I first bought a ******** 1333mhz low latency kit that ran at 1.7v

This memory kit runs very well, but I have been unable to find a matching kit when I wanted to upgrade, I decided to buy a full 8GB kit, first trying CMX8GX3M4A1333C9 which it turns out was incompatible, so I returned it and bought CMX8GX3M4B1333C9 which, according to the memory compatibility page here, is the correct memory kit for my DP45SG motherboard. I get the same 3 beep code (first 64k memory error, or no memory present)

I set memory configurations to automatic before installing, so it should be going by SPD timings and running at 1.5v, however it just won't post, blank screen and the 3 beep code.

Edit: Censorship of "rival" names is stupid. I bought your memory, don't tell me I can't say PATR1OT

• Corsair Employees

We only support our products and you agreed to those terms when you signed up for the forum please do not go around the filter. There is no reason to mention other manufacturers and if it is something that matter's; those of us it would matter to can see what you typed.

Did you try and clear the MB BIOS with just one of our modules installed and then go to BIOS setup and load setup defaults?

Ok so I removed my video card to get access to the CMOS reset jumper, resetting did nothing to improve the situation. Then I took each individual ram stick and tried putting it in each dimm slot, no matter where I put the ram, no matter which stick, I get the same 3 beeps, I tried manually setting the timings to 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5v and 1.6v and neither configuration works

• Corsair Employees
That may not work but lets try and replace them please use the link on the left and submit an RMA request. But you may want to install just one of our modules only and try and reset the MB BIOS again and make sure the power is unplugged and the on board battery is removed when you reset the BIOS.

That may not work but lets try and replace them please use the link on the left and submit an RMA request. But you may want to install just one of our modules only and try and reset the MB BIOS again and make sure the power is unplugged and the on board battery is removed when you reset the BIOS.

When I reset it last time I successfully got the "CMOS Battery Failure" warning, but only after putting the old RAM back in, because it didn't post with the new RAM. I'll give it one more shot but the support request I sent also suggested an RMA. I just find it odd that all 4 sticks won't work at all, I really doubt I got 4 faulty sticks in one kit.

They're not 4GB modules, its 4x2GB modules

Theres nothing wrong with the memory in my config, but i wanted to upgrade to 8GB and I can't find matching memory

The ones I have right now have to be manually configured because they require 1.7v to reach 1333mhz at 7-7-7-20-2T and I have been unable to find even comparable modules. I knew I should have bought 8GB when I first built my computer

• Corsair Employees

All I can tell you is what you are telling me is impossible, all of our memory modules are tested on a mother board before they leave our factory and if I understand you correctly you have tried two different sets with the same results NO POST; is that correct?

Normally resetting or clearing the MB BIOS will force the BIOS to re detect the modules on the first post but some reason that is not happening. Can you test the memory on another make and model of mother board?

• 1 month later...

I still have this non working RAM, I got so busy with work I have been unable to complete my RMA. Is it still possible to RMA or am I now out almost $100?

And yes, 2 different sets of RAM, first I tried model # CMX8GX3M4A1333C9, then I tried model # CMX8GX3M4B1333C9, neither one worked, but CMX8GX3M4B1333C9 was labeled as compatible with the Intel DP45SG motherboard on this corsair website.

• Corsair Employees

Can you post a Picture of the label on the modules you have that do not work?

Or tell me the version number and lot code. The MB you have may only support memory modules made with 128M X 8. However, according the White Papers for the Intel P45 Chipset they should suggest 256M X memory IC which was what was used to build the first generation of 4 Gig modules however, we have since moved to 512M X 8 Memory IXC's to build this part and these part will not work on that MB.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but these modules will not work with your MB as they are made with 512M X 8 Memory IC's. I am sorry but it looks like we do not offer memory that would be compatible with that chipset at this time. If you can find the same part that you have now but it is version X.X and NOT X.XX it will work

• 4 weeks later...

Archived