Corsair Community

Asus P8Z68 with Force 3 90 GB

marcopolo

I was able to install the os.

I used the mobo install cd to only install network driver to get on the net.

Then dled updated Asus drivers rom website onto a usb while doing a Windows update.

Windows then said restart computer. I paused that, uninstalled network lan driver I had just dled and was going to reboot, install newest network driver, along with all the newest mobo drivers, usb etc while continuing with Windows update....

But..

When rebooted it tried to boot off cd, I went into the edit bios.changed boot to force 3 then restarted.

Asus icon, then Windows icon with the swirly colors, then....screen goes black computer stays on. looks like its going to reboot. Nothing on screen. Rinse repeat.

I tried to change wait for f1 if error to disabled. Nothing. If I have to reinstall Windows on the force how do I do that ? With regular hdd I would just do fresh install AMD it would purge erase the drive. Same with SSD? Bios is 0706 video here http://youtube.com/watch?v=mdyQ-Zud11A

Had already banged my head over this. Troubleshooting and not posting here due to forum rule of not posting more than once on your thread per 24hrs.

Here is what I did. I think it was a Windows prob but I had already reset the bios with the jumper anyway.

Screwed around with Master boot through command line since Windows repair could not find partition where Windows was. Found it. Activated it. Repair recvery Times three. Actually probably times 30 since I did not know what I was doing.

Gott it to boot. Was shocked though to see 40 or so gigs of the 90 gig drive was dedicated to Windows. Hek no I fkt up I thought. Let's install it agian.

Installed lan driver to dl parted magic. Followed the blog guide on that.

Secure erased. Saw that it already had most recent firmware.

Installed os again. Didn't make a partition on the SSD. Installed it as is. WU. Working on drivers now. Rebooting after every driver please post a link now on what I need to do to the ssd. Trim? Etc so that it is stable. Then I will probably only put Photoshop arkhamcity and wow on that drive. I have another SSD espérate and will be getting some 7200s raid 1 on the marvel for storage.

Gott it to boot. Was shocked though to see 40 or so gigs of the 90 gig drive was dedicated to Windows...

Is that Windows 7 Pro using 40GB? That seems way to high, Win 7 64 bit Home Premium uses less than 10GB.

Part of the 40GB is the Windows page file, which is usually equal to the amount of memory you have. It's size can be reduced, or it can be moved to another drive.

Run a Disk Cleanup on that drive, and also from Cleanup's other tab, you can remove all but the latest Restore point, which can free up multiple GB. I wonder if you somehow have multiple copies of Windows on your SSD.

Windows pro yes I tweaked it all. After wow andtbird installed I have 9 gigs left. I believe I configed lagefile to memory on some geeKS guide on the net since there is none here or it is to hard to find. With Windows update drivers and all WoW etc yes 9 gigs left. I secured erased the os off the drive before I installed it again still 40 gigs

Boot into safe mode & check your screen resolution. If your monitor is there ignore the rest of this.

If the monitor is not there reboot into windows normally. When it stalls at logon hopefully the mouse will still show up. Right click/screen resolution. See if that got your monitor going.

If so it should reboot normally.

marco, please don't bump the thread < 24 hours.
Troubleshooting and not posting here due to forum rule of not posting more than once on your thread per 24hrs.
Note I said bump, not posting more than once. A bump is defined as a post solely intended to bring attention to the thread. If you've done some more troubleshooting and are posting the methodology and results you're not bumping it and hence it's allowed.

What on earth does that monitor comment have to do with my issues with force3? @ wired you've posted twice here nodding your blue hat and Billy club w/o any advice except for maintaining order. Help shall be found somewhere else and the drive returned.

-Disable Hibernation

-Lower the page file

-Temporary files may take up space. A user once reported having this problem and found it was hidden and it was their restore image of the SSD.

-Delete past system restore files

-Right click the Windows folder in C: how many GBs is it?

Archived