Corsair Community

RMA # 1255910 = no response?

dta

How long does Corsair Tech Support respond to the RMA case? Seems like they respond very slow...

9/21/2011 - Filed Corsair RMA request in Corsair website

9/21/2011 - Corsair emailed back "RMA request received"

9/23/2011 - Corsair emailed back "RMA approved"

9/23/2011 - Corsair emailed back "RMA # assigned"

10/6/2011 - sent item via Taiwan postal office (didn't have Corsair office in our country, so had to sent to the next nearest neighboring country)

10/10/2011 - Corsair Taiwan received the items

10/11/2011 - Corsair emails back a message:

"We have received your RMA 1255910 which unfortunately is for an obsolete/discontinued product which is no longer available for direct replacement. Under our warranty policy we are able to offer you alternate replacement. Please confirm to us at your earliest convenience.

Returned Product: TWINX1024-3200C2PT

Returned Qty: 1 SET

Potential/Alternate Replacement: CMC2GX1M2A400C3

We apologize for any inconvenience you have encountered. We look forward hearing from you. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Bienvenido Custodio

Corsair RMA Representative"

10/12/2011 - I replied to the above message under the Corsair RMA request board (case) - I asked about the warranty condition of the above replacement memory and other details of the potential replacement, indicating that if that's the only choice, then I'll accept their replacement.

It's been 8 days since I replied to Corsair, but haven't gotten any response from them yet.

I have also emailed RMAService@Corsairmemory.com a few days ago, and received no response either.

Does it really take that many days for them to make even a simple response? Doesn't seem to sound like the "legendary" service I've heard others say about Corsair...

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but for DDR1 that would be the only replacement available. But if you are going to build a new system they may be able to replace them for DDR2 or DDR3, are you planning on building a new system? If so what is the make and model of MB?

Archived