Corsair Community

800d issues

vazkor

i have been planning a new build oriented around 800d for a month or so now. besides the overall design & great cable management 2 of the prime factors were the sata3 hot swap-2x ******** 120 prof 6g, samsung 64 470, & raptor 150. the other was front usb3.

after lurking in the forums for awhile i have come to the conclusion that due to corsairs apparent inabilty/lack of deisre to fix the backplane & the sillyness with having to rout usb3 through to rear, this case is going from top of the list to, well somewhere else.

im hoping im wrong cause this case is perfect for what i want t odo & i have my fan replacements/controlers/top dust filter all lined up in wish lists. as above i like its looks, love its design & layout but those 2 factors are show stoppers for me(& my brother who is basically copying my setup)

it will be about another month or so before i pull the trigger. please tell me there is realistic hope.

thx for the links! tho buying more parts & having more connections in line is less than desirable-but workable:)

considering the 2 of the ssd are sata3 & one will be sys drive, 'should work' is not what i am looking for. especially since corsiar has acknowledged multiple times over 2-3+ month period that it is a known issue.

tyvm for post

i looked and both sandforce & marvel based ssd are listed. since sata3 ssd are sensitve t oconnection, got to wonder id there is some sort of qc issue in the backplane-solder/whatever. bout the only thing that makes sense given what is involved. jmo.

well, that doesnt leave much else to be wrong with it. and there is something wrong with it. its either a design flaw or a qc issue. my bet is qc as the design for thgis is simple for a company with their expertise. unless of course it is a 3rd party part...

Archived