Corsair Community

H100 - Just my luck...

timtom33

Hello Corsair, yes indeed, this is another H100 problem thread...

So I ordered one of your H100's from Amazon, and i see it’s from the recalled batch number 11359403. I am in the UK by the way, so slightly outside of "North America" as claimed by your sticky on the forum.

I am not really sure if i want to roll the dice on installing this and just keep my fingers crossed that it works, I don't have a lot of time to do your Q/C for you and am reluctant to remove a fully function H60 and replace with a less reliable product. So I guess i will just RMA this back to Amazon and get them to pay the postage and refund me etc.

I am sure you can understand i don't want to play Russian roulette on a £240 i7 2600k and nor do i have the time to do the install and then uninstall and then reinstall my H60. Some of us have a whole host of other things to be getting on with in our busy lives. It may be fine today, but a lot of the threads on here and elsewhere show failures after a few weeks as well. Bit disappointed really to be honest and i would love to be able to say my 650D and AX850 were issue free as well. (These were sort of addressed through your RMA process, but i am getting fed up of sending your products back to you and raising RMA requests).

How long should i wait to order again to ensure these bad batches are out of circulation? Or how can YOU assure me i can get a product not part of a bad batch?

If you could help this customer gain some confidence on a cooler they just paid £85 for designed to protect their £240 CPU, that would be appreciated. I dont really want to be hitting the thermal max of the chip and saying "oh well lol, at least Intel have some built kill switch for maxing out the temps and nearly melting the chip" as i box yet another product and fill out yet another RMA form for yet another one of your highly priced products.

Thanks.

So I ordered one of your H100's from Amazon, and i see it’s from the recalled batch number 11359403. I am in the UK by the way, so slightly outside of "North America" as claimed by your sticky on the forum...

How long should i wait to order again to ensure these bad batches are out of circulation? Or how can YOU assure me i can get a product not part of a bad batch?...

Thanks.

And therein lies the problem with Amazon. I've ordered a few things from them, and what I received looked like it was shipped from someone's basement, ala' eBay. Sorry to hear you received one from that batch.

Unfortunately, no manufacture can guarantee that every example of a recalled product will be returned to them, since once they ship it out, they lose control of it's distribution. Your regrettable experience is a perfect example of that.

How can Corsair assure you that you'll not receive a product from that batch? IMO, they can't, not yet anyway, it's to early in the recall process, and the gray market "retailers" won't be any help.

I'm sure Corsair will do whatever they can to assist you.

Yeah i suspected there is a not a lot they can do, i am more venting my frustration as this is not the first time i have had issues with their very expensive products. You would hope when manufacturing a CPU cooler it would be very reliable and well tested with reliable firmware etc. Probably the last thing in your build you want to have issues with, no matter how small.

If they are going to manufacture premium products (as cheap as possible in China i might add) and sell at high prices, then they better be flawless...

I guess i will wait a while before ordering another H100. If at all now...

Archived