Corsair Community

How to see HD-temperature SSD 256GB Perf. 3?

Nicce70

Anyone who can tell me how to see the temperature on my HD?

It's a SSD 256GB Performance 3 Sata III. I have tried Ashampoo HDD Control and CrystalDiskInfo, but niether program is able to show the temp. I have an other SSD disk as well, and there I can see it.

What to do?

Anyone who can tell me how to see the temperature on my HD?

It's a SSD 256GB Performance 3 Sata III. I have tried Ashampoo HDD Control and CrystalDiskInfo, but niether program is able to show the temp. I have an other SSD disk as well, and there I can see it.

What to do?

temp is low. u don`t need to concern about heat. there are much more to worry about !

I don't think the SSDs have temperature sensors.

As daeven mentioned there is no need to be worried about it getting warm. There is no moving parts inside it.

While I agree that they probably don't get very warm at all (system RAM, afterall, doesn't generally need a fan, just it's own tiny stock heatsink on each ramstick... and USB memory sticks I've never felt any warmth from at all)... the "no moving parts" thing is only in comparison to standard hard-drives but has no relation to heat generation surely?

Mobo chipsets, CPU's, graphics cards etc. have no moving parts either... yet they all need serious heatsinks and fan systems to keep them from melting. Moving parts != heat!

While I agree that they probably don't get very warm at all (system RAM, afterall, doesn't generally need a fan, just it's own tiny stock heatsink on each ramstick... and USB memory sticks I've never felt any warmth from at all)... the "no moving parts" thing is only in comparison to standard hard-drives but has no relation to heat generation surely?

Mobo chipsets, CPU's, graphics cards etc. have no moving parts either... yet they all need serious heatsinks and fan systems to keep them from melting. Moving parts != heat!

The reason why those chipset, CPU's,Graphics cards is because of the voltage. When every you push it to the limit or stress it, more voltage is given to them which means heat.

But an SSD uses has a small consumption of power which means they won't heat up during intensive tasks.

My oldish Force 120 has a recorded high temperature of 43C and it usually hovers at around 35. The thing is definitely putting up a bit of heat, but it's quite low and nothing to worry about ( the drive is in the lower bay of an Antec P180 case with a PSU that keeps its fan off unless I stress test the CPU and GPU at the same time ).

I don't think the SSDs have temperature sensors.

As daeven mentioned there is no need to be worried about it getting warm. There is no moving parts inside it.

Yes they do, my other SSD disk "******** SSDNow V Series SNV425-S2 128GB" there it's possible to read out the temperature, and it's about 30C. And I heard about other people that have had problems with high temp on their SSD disk, so that's why I wanted to see the temp on my new disk.

So the question still remains, how to check the temp on the Corsair SSD 256GB Performance 3 Sata III?

Yes they do, my other SSD disk "******** SSDNow V Series SNV425-S2 128GB" there it's possible to read out the temperature, and it's about 30C. And I heard about other people that have had problems with high temp on their SSD disk, so that's why I wanted to see the temp on my new disk.

So the question still remains, how to check the temp on the Corsair SSD 256GB Performance 3 Sata III?

You cannot check the temperature of your Corsair SSD. Your other SSD may have that capability, but the Corsair does not. Many SSDs are not able to show a temperature reading. I have SSDs from three different manufactures, and only one of them has a temperature sensor.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Yellowbeard.

We have a Hp DL380 G7. But it's not ignore the temprature reading. And all fans are rotating very high speed. We looked the SMART data that we saw temprature is 250 C. But exactly SSD did cold. If it's possible we want temprature value fixed normal temp for example 35 C.

The SSD temps are irelevent as it was said here that there is no working mechanical parts.

LOL I read some software generated temp readings on my Force 3 120GB saying it was running at 128 C. (Over boiling point).I put my hand on the SSD and it was as cold as ever.

Same as SSD transfer/benchmark tests etc. They are all not reliable. The only way you will notice is the fact that your system runs very fast and that is what everyone wants, a fast system to run programs at optimal performance.

My only regret right now is that 1TB SSD's are not cheap. Current price for capacity is unrealistic.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived