GreekAssassin

This is my system specs:

Core i7 920 @ 2.66Ghz D0 revision

Corsair XMS3 PC 1600 Triple Channel Ram

ASRock X58 Extreme Motherboard

EVGA GTX 580

Sunbeam PSU 750W ATX12V 2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Cooler Master HAF 922

No overclocking at all and my basement is about 68 degrees. Why am i getting 41c idle temps on stock clocks?

gremlingswe is correct it is the load temps that are important. Also 41 deg idle is not bad. Have you checked that the H80 radiator fans are blowing air into the case not blowing case temps through radiator.

I have the Radiator mounted on the inside rear with a push/pull pointing the air out the back of the case

is your fan connected to the 4 pin power connector? Technically with the h80 you don't need to plug the 3 pin connector to the motherboard.

The fans are plugged into the water pump where the directions say to plug them into. I have the waterpump connected to the CPU fan on the motherboard

Do you have the CPU power saving options enabled, like Speed Step and C-States? I would check your pump mounting, particularly the thermal paste "fingerprint", meaning how well the pump's bottom plate is contacting the CPU.

Speed Step is enabled and idles my CPU at 1574Mhz. I don't know about the C-States, should they be enabled if they are not?

gremlingswe is correct it is the load temps that are important. Also 41 deg idle is not bad. Have you checked that the H80 radiator fans are blowing air into the case not blowing case temps through radiator.

I am seeing other people having 30c-35c idles. I am getting the same idle temps that i was getting with the Cooler Master V8. This should work better with idles.

I have the Radiator mounted on the inside rear with a push/pull pointing the air out the back of the case

You'll get a better idle temp pulling cool air into the rad from the outside of the case. Also, some air coolers may have a slightly better idle temp than some water due to the mass of the air cooler. But, your load temps should be much better than most any air cooler.

You'll get a better idle temp pulling cool air into the rad from the outside of the case. Also, some air coolers may have a slightly better idle temp than some water due to the mass of the air cooler. But, your load temps should be much better than most any air cooler.

Ok ill turn the fans around and pull the air into the case through the radiator and see if that changes things. The room the PC is in is about 20c, so i should not be getting 41c+ idles.

Where/how are you measuring this 41C? Keep in mind a few things when you are trying to compare your system to others.

Your ambient temp may be different.

If you have a different MOBO or even the same MOBO with a different BIOS version, you can show different temps from others.

If you are measuring your temps with a monitoring utility, they may very well be wrong.

If you use a different utility than others, you can't necessarily compare results.

Etc, etc, etc.

Where/how are you measuring this 41C? Keep in mind a few things when you are trying to compare your system to others.

Your ambient temp may be different.

If you have a different MOBO or even the same MOBO with a different BIOS version, you can show different temps from others.

If you are measuring your temps with a monitoring utility, they may very well be wrong.

If you use a different utility than others, you can't necessarily compare results.

Etc, etc, etc.

I listed the parts in my PC in my original Post. I am using Speedfan to monitor my temps.

Check your idle temps in your BIOS and compare it to SpeedFan. Be sure that you have the most recent version of SpeedFan and that it is compatible with your chipset.

BIOS says 41-42c. I am really really upset right now as my V8 is working just as good as this H80. What else can be wrong, i know its not seated wrong. I reseated and used arctic silver 5 thermal compound 3 times etc...

Rotate the H80 to 90 degrees.

Saw motherboard pictures and there are capacitors that can prevent the block from touching the CPU. Which means higher temps.

IF i rotate it, it barely touches the CPU. Tried every which way and the best way is when the corsair is upright where to can read it when the tower is standing, meaning the text on the block goes from left to right as normal.

Archived