Corsair Community

Asus A8V + Corsair TwinX1024-3200PT problems

Tuvor

I ordered Asus A8V motherboard and The memory I ordered was TWINX1024-3200PT. I only noticed after the Asus Site reccomends the 3200c I am not overclocking at this point I just want my system to come up. The machine posts fine and everything shows up in BIOS. Upon hitting Press Any key to boot from CD. .. Winxp starts with Detecting Hardware Configuration.. then before the Blue Install Screen should come up the screen blanks and sits... Caps Lock still works so doesnt seem frozen. I attempted to run Memtest but before it can load the system crashes and reboots... I contacted Asus who reccomended looking at heat issues with cpu(checked and ok), power supply for lack of power(replaced today with new high qual Enermax model) and memory compatabilty. Is the 3200PT incompatible with the Asus A8V, has anyone had this same issue or does anyone have this same config up and running fine? Getting so frustrated here any help would be greatly appreciated...

I am RMA'ing my TWINX1024-3200PT In its place should I get the TWINX1024C2-3200PT? Or should I get the XL / XLPRO? Is the only difference with XLPT the platinum spreader because Corsair doesnt list the TWINX1024-3200XLPT in their XMS info table. Sorry for so many questions.... After feeling like I ordered the wrong thing to begin with I am not looking to repeat. Thanks!

Archived