Corsair Community

Recommend MB for CMP24GX3M6A1600C9

tharland

Can anyone recommend a motherboard that has been confirmed to use all 24GB in XMP mode with the CMP24GX3M6A1600C9 kit?

I am currently using an Asus P6T deluxe v2 and I am unable to get the total amount to show in either the bios or Windows.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 so it's not a limitation of the OS.

I have tested all the memory modules individually and they are all good.

I have tried the bios tweaks suggested on this and other forums.

I have the most current bios version installed.

I am running half the kit (12GB) with no issues.

It just refuses to run the whole kit.

Asus does not list the memory as compatible but Corsair does.

If anyone is running the full kit with the same setup it would really help me out to know how it's possible.

I was looking into getting a new MB anyway but i'd hate to buy a new one and have it not work as well.

So if anyone could be of assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

PS. Usually, similar posts always have a few people asking why anyone would need so much RAM anyway and i'd like to avoid such discussion here.

1. I paid for 24GB and I would like to be able to actually use all of it.

2. I am a 3D/VFX artist and need the large amount of RAM for high resolution fluid/dynamic simulations.

• Corsair Employees
The MB you have is one of the MB's we use on the production line to test these sets so they are indeed compatible with that MB. And the problem you have described would suggest that either there is bad slot on the MB or there are bent pins iin the CPU socket.

The MB you have is one of the MB's we use on the production line to test these sets so they are indeed compatible with that MB. And the problem you have described would suggest that either there is bad slot on the MB or there are bent pins iin the CPU socket.

I had thought of possibly having a bad slot.

Never considered bent pins.

Time for a new board.

Thanks for the reply.

Archived