Corsair Community

Corsair SP2500 sound not working after lots of troubleshooting

ortizwyld

Hi,

I'm having a real problem with my one month old SP2500 speaker system.

The problem simply came out of no where, computer started up, i heard the windows sound, went to pandora, pandora started to play and without anything touching the system or any wires it made a small click sound and the audio disappeared. No static, zero audible sound from the speakers.

Things i've tried...

-Tried using my own auxilary cable, and the supplied one. None worked, and i tested both aux cables with my cell phone in the car... both cables worked in the car.

- Obviously made sure all wires did not have any cuts and were clean. Everything is plugged in, and set to aux 1 which i have my aux cable(s) connected to the sub. The sound is not muted, and i can control the control pod.

- My computer recognizes that something is plugged into the green port for speaker audio.

- I've tried plugging my headset into the headset port (i set the audio to headset on the control pod), and still no sound came out.

If anyone can give any sort of idea on what i can do pls lemme know, i would like to rma but the box got destroyed by my dog so i threw it away.

Thank you for your time.

• Corsair Employees

Do you have another device like an MP3 player or Boom Box you can connect the speakers to just to test? And please check the source that is set on the POD for the speakers.

And if you do and they still do not work then please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can replace them.

I forgot to mention that i've tried that in the beginning as well. But the next time around everything works fine. The MP3 worked on aux 2 and headphones. Then i plugged in the normal setup and the system works fine. I can't figure out what may have caused the outage, but it seems to be alleviated now.

If it goes out again I'll be back, thank you for your time and help RAM GUY. I'll close my RMA now. :)

Yea it just went out again, usually when you go to plug in speakers with power you get that buzzing sound when you touch it with metal or your hands. It doesn't do that when the speakers don't give any audible sound. So you think i should send just the pod back? or the entire thing.

And can i send this inside any box? Or does it have to be with the original box it came with. I hope i don't void a warranty because of that.

Interesting thing happened... it went out again, so i went to school and turned off everything. (computer, speaker system etc.) Came back and it worked... my cat was playing with some bug and ran under my desk and barely touched the controller pod cord that leads to the sub... made a click noise, and it stopped emitting any audible noise again. I don't think this is normal behavior if you barely touch the cable like that. Should i RMA the entire system, or just the control pod.

Archived