Corsair Community

SSD question

bchfyrmn

SOOOO...Im new here fellas...so please excuse my ignorance to the SSD's...Here is my problem....I just finished my new build....I decided to go with SSD's. My first 120GB Corsair is installed in Port 1 and I have Windows 7 installed there....I then shut down and installed a second 120GB Corsair SSD into Port 2 and restarted...It does not show up in My Computer......It shows up in bios tho.....HELP please....

SOOOO...Im new here fellas...so please excuse my ignorance to the SSD's...Here is my problem....I just finished my new build....I decided to go with SSD's. My first 120GB Corsair is installed in Port 1 and I have Windows 7 installed there....I then shut down and installed a second 120GB Corsair SSD into Port 2 and restarted...It does not show up in My Computer......It shows up in bios tho.....HELP please....

It probably just needs to be formatted and assigned a drive letter in Disk Management. Right-click 'My Computer', select 'Manage', and expand 'Storage' to find 'Disk Management'. Once that opens, you should be able to locate the drive in question, and right-click it to locate the options to create a partition, format, and assign a drive letter.

Archived