Corsair Community

H80 leaking?

bViking

That does look like oil from the fan bearings, which we have seen pics of in this forum a few times.

If you have another 120mm fan, I suggest replacing the Corsair fan with it and see if you still find liquid in that fan. If you do, stop using the H80 immediately. Either way, you can start the RMA process, if only to replace that fan.

Thanks for the replies!

After taking the H80 off to give it a look over, I noticed that the 2nd fan in the push/pull configuration (the one behind the rad that I can't see) also has the same spots on it.

The only other fan I have is another Corsair 120mm that came with the 600t. I'll put that on and see what happens.

At this point I'm pretty sure that it's oil, as it seems to be greasy to the touch. Also, after turning my computer off for a few hours it hasn't evaporated.

If it is oil from the fan bearings, is this something to worry about? I mean, if some droplets get on my video card or mobo, is it going to cause problems, or will it be ok?

Sorry if this has been covered before. I can't find anything with this forum's search function, or on google.

Thanks again for the replies. I'll put the other fan on and see what happens. Additional comments/ideas welcome.

If it is oil from the fan bearings, is this something to worry about? I mean, if some droplets get on my video card or mobo, is it going to cause problems, or will it be ok?

They will be just fine. It's not uncommon for fans to have a small amount of excess oil in the sleeves or bearings at first. The oil gets slung out when the fans are turned on. It's not enough to damage any components.

Maybe if you could wipe the excess oil off both fans and refit them they will work as excess oil has been removed.

Exactly! :)

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but I would not work with returns, please contact our customer service they will let you know what you will need to return if anything. But normally we just send replacement fans unless its an issue where we need to take up a Q/C issue with the fan manufacturer.

I am sorry but I would not work with returns, please contact our customer service they will let you know what you will need to return if anything. But normally we just send replacement fans unless its an issue where we need to take up a Q/C issue with the fan manufacturer.

Done! They ll send me a replacement for free :) Nice customer service A++ :biggrin:

Archived