Corsair Community

2 bad h100's in a row!! 11309403

ban916

I just went to frys here in Dallas today and the exact thing happened to me. One fan started. The other fan wasnt spinning. No lights on the unit came on I Shut down immediately scared for my chip burning Moved fan conecters to different positions on the h100 and the fans never spun again even when put back to the side where one fan spun on the first start. I'm out from home at the moment having dinner and was about to stop at frys and pick up another one. Not sure now. I'll post my batch number when I get home. I just bought an H50 a couple months ago and have thuroghly enjoyed it. Was excited about this upgrade today.

Just got back from frys for the second time...

Looked at my temp in windows on my stock i72600 and it was at 90c. What happens if my chip is ruined?...

Well, one bit of good news is your CPU has built in over-heating safety features that should keep it from being damaged or destroyed. Your CPU will detect the high heat situation, and initially throttle back it's operating frequency, and the voltage being applied to it. If it's temp does not decrease, it will shut itself down.

Intel is savvy enough to protect themselves from needing to replace CPUs from accidents like yours, or crazy over-clockers, and plain old idiots.

You should be able to check the pumps speed by connecting the three pin fan connector from the pump to a fan header on your board. It should be running at ~2000 RPM.

I assume you were using the standard Corsair fans, or did you use others?

Using the standard corsair fans and the pump is running at 400 rpm. ;( same as my first one.

Sorry to question your post, but you do mean four hundred (400) RPM and not 4000 RPM, correct?

I ask only because 400 RPM is very low and bad, but sometimes when the firmware in a H100 crashes, it shows a pump speed of 4000 RPM.

Both H100 pumps at 400 RPM? :bigeyes: Sorry to hear that, they are clearly defective in some way.

Thanks for the help guys. I have tried all of that, all the fans are 100% but with the h100 it isn't like the h50. It gets the power for the pump from the power supply not the fan header. Both pumps are at 400 rpm I am just surprised I went into a store bought two new packaged items and this happens. Goin to take my computer apart again. I want an h100 not an h80. guess I have no option. Not buying a 3rd h100 from this batch number.

Update I just tried an h80 and only one fan is spinning and having the same issue as the 2 h100s. Fan speed control isnt working. pump is running at 153 rpms What could the problem be? I don't think I could have 3 defective units in a row.

Issue has been fixed. I changed out the power cable from my psu and changed the port it was coming out of and got the pump running!! The fan speed and modes arn't working but at least the cpu is running a lot cooler now. Is there going to be a firmware update for these h100s and h80s? Because out of the 3 i've used none of the fan profiles work. Have to connect the fans to the mb.

Archived