Corsair Community

Force 3 90 GB - Extremely SLOW

eme2k

I am starting to believe I was ripped off when I bought the Force 3 90GB - No matter what I do, I am unable to get this drive anywhere close to SATA3 performance level. Best it could do is 200mb/s read, 109mb/s write seq (AS SSD). Did corsair just stamped "SATA3" label on a sata2 drive?

Motherboard: ASROCK Z68 Extreme4

CPU: i7 2600.

I may have to return this ssd drive as I get better performance on my raid0 hard drives (3 years old).:mad:

P.S. SSD drive is with latest firmware on SATA3 port 1 (I even tried the SATA 3 port 0). I will try on another system to rule out the ASROCK Z68 Extreme4 motherboard. But I believe it is the ssd itself, may be false advertisement.

If I understand correctly, you are saying that Corsair SSD Force3 SSD is only good if your files range in size from 32K to 8MB, and that is why one has to use ATTO benchmark. But what if you have large files, like movie ISOs or virtual hard drives that are several gigabytes in size? What then? The other benchmarks (such as CrystalMark and AS ssd are a little bit more realistic).

If your drive performs as advertised in ATTO you can rest assured that that's as good as the drive can perform so forget about transfer sizes.

The Force GT has synchronous NAND as opposed to the Force 3 which has asynchronous NAND, hence the GT handles incompressible data better making it a better choice for some workloads. Also, it will look better in CDM/AS SSD because those programs use incompressible data to test with.

But if you're using your drive as OS drive, neither ATTO or CDM/AS SSD will provide realistic results as the workload posed by OS functions is somewhere in between.

Archived