Corsair Community

650D Build - Case or MB for fan control

Celty

I'm putting an ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z in the 650D for a new build. It has plenty of fan connectors (8). I thinking maybe use the "Fan Xpert" program that comes with it to do the fan control rather than the case switch.

The advantage would be to automate case fan speeds with temperature. Does this make sense or is there a reason not to?

BTW - I deciphered all the case wiring, but a manual addressing wiring might be nice to include. The Quick Start guide says nothing on wiring it up, and I noticed a post by a person who said the case fans were not working. He had apparently not connected the power wiring via the molex connection. Might seem silly but an actual manual would help people.

I'm using the MB, and even with the non-pmw stock fans, it does work. I doubt that I will go for a fan controller, I'm spending too much on the water cooling setup! Seriously, I like the more intelligent use of existing sensors in my motherboard, but depends perhaps what fan controller options your MB has.

Archived