Corsair Community

Mac and Force 3

michalc

I have just bought Corsair Force 3 120GB for my MacBook Pro 13" 2009 and here are my results on Lion after clean install:

http://f.cl.ly/items/3U2N1o2d2P0k162u3Q3A/Zrzut%20ekranu%202011-10-15%20o%2023.04.47.png

I believe this is just a half of the speed of this Force 3 drive, what is wrong? How to fix this?

Did you secure erase it before you installed Lion on it.

Note that the Macbook Pro 2009 is only SATA 3 3Gb/s.

I just formatted the drive into HFS+ that's all I did.

I know it's 3Gb/s but it't max speeds are 285/275 MB/s right? So mine isn't even close...

Should I do secure erase?

I tried to use Parted Magic on a PC, everything seemed to go fine but then disk became dead... System doesnt recognize it anymore, when booting Ubuntu Live I get a lot of I/O errors and I cannot acces or do anything with the SSD :(

I think I will return this disk, I am so mad, I've spend money on something not cheap and it is complete rubbish!!

How you did the update i have tried with bootcamp on mac pro 2009 with no luck.

I connected the ssd drive to a pc and then did the update, it went without any problems.

UPDATE:

I managed to make my ssd running once again, it occured it was LOCKED that's why I was making errors all the time on ubuntu and other systems. I did once again secure erase using Parted Magic, I installed latest verion of Lion but still my speeds didn't change. Should I return the drive? Tell me if I am wrong but if I have SATA3 in my MacBook Pro and this drive is SATA3 so the speeds of 140MB/s write and 196MB/s read are a bit low don't you think?

I have just bought Corsair Force 3 120GB for my MacBook Pro 13" 2009 and here are my results on Lion after clean install:

I believe this is just a half of the speed of this Force 3 drive, what is wrong? How to fix this?

I am getting the same results as u on my macbook pro 2010 running SATA II. I am very disappointed too. wondering how to fix it as well

I am getting the same results as u on my macbook pro 2010 running SATA II. I am very disappointed too. wondering how to fix it as well

thanks for info, good to know that I'm not the only one :(

I hope there is a solution for that

Archived