Corsair Community

Slow Write Speeds with Corsair Force GT on Macbook Pro 2010

y2suc

hey guys wondering if anyone could help me?

I just installed Corsair Force GT on my macbook pro 2010 about 3 days ago and i ran Disk Speed Test (it's a benchmark app to test ssd speeds from BlackMagic Design). But i am only getting 135mb/s write speeds and 245mb/s read speeds. I tried enabling trim and without, but the speeds do not increase. Is there something wrong with my drive? do i need to rma it?

Appreciate if some mac users can share their experiences with me. :(

Hi,

Trim help's you keep your performance for longer time, then without useing. Trim dont speed up your current speed.

Im fread that you need to get it in pc that has intel sata chipset and windows in it to test it on ATTO program. Thats the prog and system where these are spected on..

Well i think the limit is by your setup and not by SSD. So your SSD is going as fast as any fast driver can go on your system.

I dont know anything about mac systems, but dont you get updates for your system fw (or something like that)like in normal pc get "BIOS" updates?

Any system software driver to update on it? like, sata, chipset,...

Edit: and member to shutdown all powersafe mods, that your system may have. when you test it.

A question to Corsair: Does Corsair test their SSDs with Mac OSX?

I have nothing against Corsair, and in fact, i am extremely pleased with the build quality of their products (i own a Corsair HX520W PSU which has been working flawlessly for 3 yrs).. But i'm wondering if that same build quality can be attained when products are used on Mac OSX?

hey thanks for the reply mummy but i'm already running the latest 1.3 firmware for the force gt and also no power saving stuff whatsoever. am wondering if it's purely a sata II issue... sigh...

Your speeds are completely on par with a SATA II drive and controller. Are you using a SATA II controller in your laptop?

If not it's possible the benchmarking utility is testing the drive in some other way that we're not used to (eg. random writes rather than sequential, etc).

hey thanks for the reply mummy but i'm already running the latest 1.3 firmware for the force gt and also no power saving stuff whatsoever. am wondering if it's purely a sata II issue... sigh...

I menth updates for your Mac systemboard/motherboard FW/BIOS or what have the control of that sata controller on Mac, in hardware level. after that software.

Archived