Corsair Community

HX1000eu broken pci-ex cable

Scappotto

Hi to all,

i'm writing here because i've a problem with my hx1000eu, i've the two pci-ex cable (those from the inside of the power supply), connected to a vga, ati 6970, when i try to move the cable, the fan of the vga goes to max, and pc reset itself, i think that there is a problem with one or both cables, how could i resolve this issue?

I'm from Italy.

Thanks

BYe

Best to try and isolate the problem down to either;

1. A Bad Modular Cable

2. A Bad Connector on the HD6970

3. Faulty PSU

Are you moving the PSU end or the card end of the cable?

Check for a dry joint on the PCIE connector on the graphics card side.

Have you tried another PCIE cable (I think the HX1000 comes with 4 PCIE)? If another cable does the same thing then that would point to a bad connector on the GFX Card. You can triple check if you still have the Molex to PCIE cables that came with your GFX Card.

Once you have isolated the problem, then you can take the next step of getting the problem resolved. Good Luck

Hi to all,

i'm writing here because i've a problem with my hx1000eu, i've the two pci-ex cable (those from the inside of the power supply), connected to a vga, ati 6970, when i try to move the cable, the fan of the vga goes to max, and pc reset itself, i think that there is a problem with one or both cables, how could i resolve this issue?

I'm from Italy.

Thanks

BYe

You can try to use the modular set of cables instead of useing the ones that are hard wired into the psu. But i would personally just RMA the PSU since it seems to have a short in one of those wires or connectors.

Archived