Corsair Community

High temperatures with H100

dsnpng

Hi. Just bought an H100 among other things. Installed it and everything seems to work. The temps i get are high though. Idle they're 65-75C (or even higher) and when i tried to stress temps soared and i aborted when they got close to 100.

I've looked at temps both in bios (been at 75-105) and with speedfan and hwinfo64. They've showed as a bit lower when i've looked at hwinfo64 than the other two. In bios and with speedfan they've never been below 70 and usually are above 80. With hwinfo64 they've been around 60 idle (and a bit lower), but quickly go higher if i do mostly anything.

Fan control seems to work (at least it gets noisier when i go from quiet->performance etc). Don't know how to make sure if the pump is working though, or if there's something else that's wrong.

Appreciate any help.

Appreciate the help. Checked in the BIOS and didn't see anything about pump speed. Just temperatures and fan speeds (updated to the latest i found earlier today, still over a year old tho).

As for your other advice i don't know if it's my english or my computer skills that are inadequate, but i don't understand what you mean.

He is saying that some mother boards have parts (like capacitors) that are mounted very close to the CPU socket. Sometimes the pump (the part you put on the CPU) will touch those parts, and not let the pump's copper plate contact the top of the CPU correctly.

Check this thread, which is in the Sticky section, for pictures and more information about this:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=98107

The pump has a three pin connector and cable that fits on a fan connector on a mother board, and is used to let you see the pump's speed. Corsair suggests connecting it to the CPU Fan header, did you do that? If you did, whatever speed you have for the "CPU Fan" in the BIOS or HWiNFO is really the pump's speed.

The BIOS or HWiNFO does not know that there is a pump connected to the fan connections, and the names displayed like "CPU Fan" are just labels used to identify the fan connections. You won't find anything saying "Pump Speed" in the BIOS, etc.

Thanks! It appears it could be capacitor problem. Looks like two of those are in the way at least. In the other thread it was solved by rotating the block 90 degrees.

Do you think that will work? Like should I clean and apply new thermal paste and try to rotate the block so the capacitors won't be in the way?

Thanks! It appears it could be capacitor problem. Looks like two of those are in the way at least. In the other thread it was solved by rotating the block 90 degrees.

Do you think that will work? Like should I clean and apply new thermal paste and try to rotate the block so the capacitors won't be in the way?

Yes you should definitely try this.

One thing you could do is first clean off all the old TIM from the CPU and pump. Then, just for testing, don't apply any fresh TIM, and try out the new positions of the pump. That is, don't actually start up your PC without TIM applied, but just see if the new positions clears anything in the way. Use a flashlight to get a better view. You can press carefully down on the middle of the pump, and see if it is flat on the CPU, and not at an angle, meaning it is touching something. If one position does not work, try another.

Hopefully you'll find a position that works, most users with this issue find a position that works.

Archived