Corsair Community

How do I detect the current firmware Version of my GRT 64 GB?

Romasurus

Today I have RMA'd my GRT 64g for the third time. The blue activity light just keeps flashing. How do I determine the Firmware Version of the replacement GRT 64g that I receive so that, IF I HAVE TO, I can flash the replacement unit with Version 1_07_2? This is very frustrating. Although Corsair Support is very helpful with RMA's this issue should not be happening. I would think that any unit I am sent for replacement would have the newest firmware BUT I would like to confirm that. I tried to flash my defective unit and I got an error indicating that my GTR was not a valid hardware client. (Or words to that effect).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
Newer GTR Drives will have the latest Firmware and use a slightly different BOM so the update utility will not detect them. If you have any problem please just contact our customer service with your previous RMA and we will replace it with different drive.

• 4 weeks later...

so? why the official fm update utility does not support new GTRs ? =(

I'm really need it.. because new usb charge technology at new motherboards usually erase the firmware...

i use the URescue_v1.3.0.71, and URescue_v1.2.9.2 to repair my Survivor...

and its VID/PID and other info are changed to it1168...

IT1168 DtMPTool V1.68.1.0 supports only 1168 A0AA + A1BA

but i have a A1CA. fw v2.03, and cant change the VID/PID and id's to factory defaults

I'm from Russia and RMA is a problem.

P.S. sorry for my english

As Ram Guy has already stated, the newer GTRs already have the latest firmware so there's no need for the update utility to support it, because they already have the firmware.

i need not to update fm. i need recover it fully. with factory id's

Archived