Corsair Community

Hey guys I have an Intel DP55KG board. I know it has SATAII connectors but I upgraded my SSDs to force gt 90gb since they are supposed to be backward compatible. I got 2 of them and have tried to put them in RAID0. One minute the array builds fine, I'll restart to set the RAID and the next time the machine comes up it has failed. I cant figure it out. I have updated my bios to the latest version and I used another machine I have to update the drives to firmware 1.3.2. Anyone have any ideas? I also have 4 1TB drives on the same RAID controller. They are all SATAII drives. I would really like to figure this out.

I wanted to add some more info for people looking at this. I checked my intel RAID option rom version. The BIOS updated it to 10.6.0.1091. I am assuming this is the most current version and I still have Raid Failures. Anyone have any ideas? Im down to try anything. The drives work just fine in AHCI mode.

Once you RAID the drives and when you restart your computer it automatically fails?

So you are unable to install Windows?

-Try new SATA II cables (Preferably right angled ones)

-Change the SATA ports

-Reset your BIOS to default settings, (Note: As soon as you finished resetting the BIOS change the SATA Configuration.Mode to RAID).

-Try a dedicated SSD power connector (means, only your 2 SSDS are to be connected, no mechanical drives).

And actually I was able to install windows once. I installed the latest drivers and all to do the install and after the install....but next time I rebooted it failed. I haven't been able to get it back up since. I then wiped both drives with parted magic and still can't get anything.

So I'm playing with my PCH voltages to get this thing to post. default was 1.03. I upped it to 1.1 and it seems to be better. But it still fails every now and then. How high do u you i should take it? anyone? I have 4 other 1 TB drives. Im assuming they are sucking up all the power.

Just re-read your first post.

So you disconnected the SSDS and updated them in another computer to firmware 1.3.2. Did you then re-connect the SSDs and secure erase the SSDs and re-install Windows?

If not, I would secure erase both SSDS and re-install Windows.

Note: This will delete your data permanently.

Note: You will need to Re-RAID the SSDS as once you done secure erasing them it will disconnect your RAID configuration.

Yep I did all of that. As of now I have the OS reloaded will everything updated. It seems a better now that I upped the PCH voltage to 1.2. The other thing im going to try tonight is to take my 1tb drives out (get them set up in my server first with out loosing anything) then when that works, ill delete that raid from the DP55KG and set it back to defaults. See if its just the 1tb drives hogging all of the power.

Archived