Corsair Community

Which will work best?

TLH

H100 (replacing the original 200mm top fan) exhausting out the top of the 600t or H80 intake from rear with the 200mm exhaust fan still installed?

You can't fit the H100 in this case in an exhaust config without swapping the fans around to a pull config which has to be less efficient than push doesn't it?

Didn't I already say replace the 200?

(replacing the original 200mm top fan)

Yes I believe I did.

In a square fight the H100 will win every time but I want to know if thing will win if it's exhausting warm air from inside the case against the H80 taking in cold air from outside. Anyone?

Edit; is there any technical data to say how much heat these things can get rid of laying around here anywhere?

• 2 weeks later...

So I've got my H100 and 600T but in the process of throwing it all together I've run into another problem. The fans are on the top which means I have to route the wires for them through the little rectangular hole or the litle round one next to it which look designed for the purpose. See pic, mid righthand side...

http://www.corsair.com/media/cms/Blog/600t-h100/topangle.jpg

You can see wires from both fans going through the hole yes? This pic is taken off Corsairs own blog

so I would presume it worked for whoever posted this, or they are lying because the leads on my fan furthest away from that hole just will not reach to plug in to the pump block, it's a good 2 inches short.

Is there no room to fit fans inside under the grill? Then the leads would reach. Maybe there is also another square hole at other end of fans which will allow leads to reach. Or maybe you could drill another hole nearer the second fan. Failing that it is possible to buy fan extension leads quite cheaply.

Yes, that's how and where you route the cables for your fans installed on the top 120mm mounts. You can use either hole provided.

You can purchase extension leads for your fans at any reputable PC Store or on line e-tailer, and no, they're not expensive.

I use these with my H80, (as an example for you). http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-049-AK&groupid=1929&catid=1898&subcat=

They are braided, so if you are building your rig to look as good as it performs, then they are ideal :). Braided cables cost a little more, but look far better and are far more hard wearing over time than normal cables too :).

All the best,

Wolfy.

@Curious Clive... no there is no room for fans inside with the rad, not in this case. The edge of the motherboard is only just below the radiator as it is and I wouldn't be able to fit any ram if I fitted fans inside. Those are the only holes intended for fan leads.

@Arctic Wolf... If only they had though to mention extensions when they said the H100 fitted in the 600T I would have purchased some with my main order. I think it's more than a little misleading that Corsair tell you it fits, show you pics of it installed but don't mention that you need longer wires for the fans.

As it goes I've managed to thread it through the dark area in the pic near the righthand lid clip then down through the cable route for the 12vEPS. It's not ideal as the lid is sitting on the fan cable so I may take the end off the fan lead and thread the wires through a different hole in the grill. A bit fiddly but an instant solution to the problem.

Archived