Corsair Community

AX1200 Cable layout

Orihalcon

Hello friends.

While I have studied the numerous pin layouts posted here - big thanks to the people uploading them - I would like to know the following;

1) There is no difference in pin layouts from different regions/countries? I.e US en EU? It is my understanding that they are all the same, but I have seen this asked (never answered) and it got me wondering.

That does it for my questions. Now a simple observation.

Why have you used a double crimped wires in your PCIe cables? It makes my sleeving annoying...:p

The power supply pin layouts, for all connectors that plug into the mother board and all components (drives, cards, etc) are all the same everywhere, no differences. If they weren't, that would be quite a mess and headache for PS manufactures, as well as all PC hardware manufactures. What would be the point of doing that anyway, the only difference from region to region, country to country, is the voltage and frequency of the electric power supplied to homes and businesses. Thank goodness for the ATX PS standards!

On modular power supplies, the connectors on the PS themselves, and the connectors on the cables that plug into them, are different. You must use cables designed to work with a specific modular PS.

Indeed. I know the layouts on the motherboard and the like are always the same, was referring to the where those wires go to on the AX modular layout. But I do see that no matter the country the layout remains the same. At least I don't have to worry about rewiring on wrong layout now.

Ta.

Archived