Corsair Community

HX 850 + multi HDD = having a rough time

crazyeyesreaper

Alright so I sent in an RMA request do to the simple fact it seems my corsair HX 850 is no longer capable of giving enough power for my system

all specs are above, mostly ive narrowed down the problem to the 5v rail + total number of sata devices, at this point in time im rather disappointed that my $200 psu cant handle the my systems load even tho its well below the max.

I used one of the overly cautious PSU calculators just for giggles said i needed 713w for my system, but thats well below the 850 of this unit. Maybe corsair can help me out here, but from the looks many of there PSU's have the same 25amp 5v rail limit only the extreme high end 1200w AX seems to push to 30amp same as the 1050w HX.

bump contact corsair tech support and customer service a supervisor was suppose to call me in about 10 mins that was nearly 3 hours ago as it pertains to a potential upgrade to a 1050hx since the 850hx cannot handle the load it was rated for aka 12 sata plugs but it cant handle 8 sata drives without triggering a protection mechanism.

Archived