Corsair Community

Failed Force GT 240 GB after just a couple days

Evan55

Hello,

I have 2 Force GT 240s set up in raid 0 on an intel i7 2600 system (using built in intel raid). After just a few days my system bluescreened and after rebooting, the post screen as well as the intel RAID utility reports that one of the drives has failed. However the system still boots to the raid volume, and HD Tune error scan does not show any errors on the volume.

any ideas? is this brand new drive toast?

• 4 weeks later...

how does firmware affect whether the drive is faulty?

are you asking me to take the time to rebuild the OS without raid, check the firmware, then rebuild the OS again with raid just to see if the firmware somehow rescues a faulty drive?

Just because the drive is part of a corrupted RAID array, this does not mean it's faulty. It's obviously still functioning and a firmware update to 1.3.3 is your best option at this time.

so how about some "support" Corsair?

You have asked for support and gotten it. If you refuse to troubleshoot, it's going to be difficult if not impossible to assist you.

asking a user to spend several hours tearing down and rebuilding the OS multiple just to troubleshoot is absolutely unacceptable.

these drives are in professional level workstations, this level of downtime is not acceptable.

We will be pulling all our corsair drives and returning them, and replacing them with drives that are reliable and properly supported.

asking a user to spend several hours tearing down and rebuilding the OS multiple just to troubleshoot is absolutely unacceptable.

these drives are in professional level workstations, this level of downtime is not acceptable.

We will be pulling all our corsair drives and returning them, and replacing them with drives that are reliable and properly supported.

We're sorry you are not in a position to do the troubleshooting. If you are building professional level workstations, then a backup image would be a great idea and would reduce your time to minutes instead of hours. There are many ways to do this and if you are in the business of building workstations for others, it's a really good idea.

If you decide to keep the drives and would like support, please let us know. You know where to find us and we'll be happy to assist you.

Archived