Corsair Community

Ordered AX650, received HX1050

emy12

Hi all.

I am new here.

I have ordered AX650 PSU and when received/opened it I have noticed that it is different one inside, HX1050.

I am planning to send it back.

If, let's say, I keep it, what happens if something is wrong with it, does Corsair will fix it if notice that on my receipt it is saying AX650 and I have HX1050?

On the other hand the AX line gold must be better than HX!

Cheers

THE AX650 GOLD ARRIVED AND EXPLODED while the pc was turned off.

Basically I decide to return the wrong PSU (HX1050), and I have got the one I have ordered.

It worked around 7 hours (not 7 years). I used it mainly for watching TV online. I turned the pc off and went to bed.

At 5 o'clock morning I jumped from bad because of a big explosion. I checked the pc, it was coming out smoke/smell of burn and the fuses tripped off (not the light side).

I removed the “GOLD” psu from the case, and gave a visual check inside through fan grill. I noticed the coil burned (the one with many copper wires). What it is amazing is that in the middle of the coil there is a plastic cable tie tightens the coil, I think. IT THIS SAFE?

Also the plastic foil has many dots of burn on it. It helped do not fall into the case…motherboard and other components.

I have not check the other components to see if are damaged. I have to attached the old PSU. I am warried only for the hdd, i have lot off stuff in it.

I was better off keeping the HX1050, it was working fine. I have to send it back.

I am afraid that if I will request a replacement, I will get other “BOMB” into my house.

Why Corsair do not go through high stress of this line of psu before put them on market?

AX USERS WATCH OUT, KEEP THE KIDS FAR FROM PC IF YOU HAVE AN AX PSU.

Not all AX PSUS are going to explode. I have an AX series PSU and it doesn't have any issues.

Submit an RMA and post your RMA number here...This is the first time i've read that an AX series PSU exploded.

Wait for RAM GUY to reply... He may tell you to send the PSU to their office for inspection.

The latest line of PSUs are AX650 and HX1050, I guess. So there is not much test on them. The AX650 has no review yet, only AX750.

Just in case, if any kid happens to be around the pc when a psu blows up, is not that easy to get over that experience.

In fact as you said is the first time when a AX explodes

So far two of my hdd are gone (500gb & 320GB), not responding at all, only some buzzing sound.

Yes, i agree with you, is better to be sent to Corsair for inspection, but I will not pay the p&p, I need money to get new hdds. I am very frustrated for the lost data, I had a lot.

case number is 2328619

Anyone knows how to contact the Corsair? I did it on line, I have case number, no response from the yet. I even sent a pm to RAMGAY, no answer.

When filled up the RMA request, there was not the AX650 in the list, I chose the AX750.

Why is not on the list? They stopped producing them?

I HAVE BLOWN AX650 PSU WHICH DAMAGED OTHER PC COMPONENTS, do I have to contact service department?

I paid €125 for it, this is the way Corsair deal with customers?

I have also sent other email to them 7days ago, with other issue, but no answer.

Any help is welcome.

Anyone knows how to contact the Corsair? I did it on line, I have case number, no response from the yet. I even sent a pm to RAMGAY, no answer.

When filled up the RMA request, there was not the AX650 in the list, I chose the AX750.

Why is not on the list? They stopped producing them?

I HAVE BLOWN AX650 PSU WHICH DAMAGED OTHER PC COMPONENTS, do I have to contact service department?

I paid €125 for it, this is the way Corsair deal with customers?

I have also sent other email to them 7days ago, with other issue, but no answer.

Any help is welcome.

There not here on the weekend, I live only 15 miles from them and its 7:20 am Sunday morning here. They should get back to you tomorrow!

Last Friday morning filled up online RMA, no replay, at least to acknowledge the receipt of the message .

Today, nothing. I have sent 5-6 emails, nothing.

Paid € 125 for this AX650-PSU-BOMB that exploded earlier that was made to do (7 years)

I have dealt with other companies: ********, ******** ...I have got answers after a few minutes, 100% service.

Corsair, so far is a joke.

Last Friday morning filled up online RMA, no replay, at least to acknowledge the receipt of the message .

Today, nothing. I have sent 5-6 emails, nothing.

Paid € 125 for this AX650-PSU-BOMB that exploded earlier that was made to do (7 years)

I have dealt with other companies: ********, ******** ...I have got answers after a few minutes, 100% service.

Corsair, so far is a joke.

EMY, you have to give them a chance to respond to you. You filed your RMA on friday and that is the start of the weekend. It may take a day longer after the weekends for them to get through the backlog from the previous days. Check your junk e-mail folder. They end up there sometimes too.

Sending multiple emails is not going to help . Just relax and wait. Someone will get back to you.

If you have an RMA or service number from when you filed you need to call CS direct and explain to them about your other components. That sort of thing can only be handled through them and not on the forums here.

If all else fails RamGuy will see this post and instruct you further on which way to go if need be.

Any help is welcome.

What other issue?

am afraid that if I will request a replacement, I will get other “BOMB” into my house.

Why Corsair do not go through high stress of this line of psu before put them on market?

AX USERS WATCH OUT, KEEP THE KIDS FAR FROM PC IF YOU HAVE AN AX PSU.

This is WAY overboard. So far this is the ONLY one to have this problem that has shown up here. To warn people stay away and keep kids away is just a bit too much. It can happen to ANY PSU.

Make sure you take lots of pictures.

Yes, I might be the only one that had happened to have this problem, but three working days and no answer it is a bit too much.

Anyway, the psu is packed ready to be sent back to Amazon uk for refund.

They will sent back to Corsair for service, I guess.

I have some corsair memory for some good years now and still running very well...only the psu...

Corsair usually prefers you to send the faulty item directly to them. You already have a RMA number so you could just simply ship it off to them with and explanation of the problem it has caused. Like someone has already pointed out you may want to take some photo's of the rig and any damage you can show. It may help you in the long run to get some compensation or replacement.

You could also give them a link to this thread.

Archived