Corsair Community

H100 observations

dragonfiregum

I think i am liking this cooler and glad i chose it.

Although i am not 100% sure of my temp accuracy.

Am running a 2500k stock on a p8z68 deluxe from asus. (for now!)

The asus software seems to say 10-16 degree's idle.... and 31ish degrees under 100% load. Which seemed off to me, so i grabbed AIDA64, and im showing about 25degrees idle and 38-40 degrees 100% load, fairly impressive if the numbers are true.

Am using a HAFX case with your stock fans on the rad.

Bios is newest version for the mobo.

Any other software options to try to monitor temps? Or are these accurate?

Is probably 62f degrees upstairs in the house, but im in the basement so figure maybe 57f? So 13 to 16 F?

Of course the cpu still has that stuff on that makes it idle down to 1600mhz or so... so maybe the 10-16 isnt as far off as i think.... I dont know.

Id also like to mention nothing seems to change when i press the fan controller button on the unit. No noise diffrence on any level and no temp diffrence.

How do i see if its working when everything says its always running about 2023 rpm (im assuming is the pump)?

The thread mentions "11359403" but mine is "11309403" there ie s a 0 instead of a 5.

I noticed this and then did a search about the controller before i even knew about a issue with the 5's , so i dont think its just my imagination.

I think i am liking this cooler and glad i chose it.

Although i am not 100% sure of my temp accuracy.

Am running a 2500k stock on a p8z68 deluxe from asus. (for now!)

The asus software seems to say 10-16 degree's idle.... and 31ish degrees under 100% load. Which seemed off to me, so i grabbed AIDA64, and im showing about 25degrees idle and 38-40 degrees 100% load, fairly impressive if the numbers are true.

Am using a HAFX case with your stock fans on the rad.

Bios is newest version for the mobo.

Any other software options to try to monitor temps? Or are these accurate?

Is probably 62f degrees upstairs in the house, but im in the basement so figure maybe 57f? So 13 to 16 F?

Of course the cpu still has that stuff on that makes it idle down to 1600mhz or so... so maybe the 10-16 isnt as far off as i think.... I dont know.

Id also like to mention nothing seems to change when i press the fan controller button on the unit. No noise diffrence on any level and no temp diffrence.

How do i see if its working when everything says its always running about 2023 rpm (im assuming is the pump)?

The thread mentions "11359403" but mine is "11309403" there ie s a 0 instead of a 5.

I noticed this and then did a search about the controller before i even knew about a issue with the 5's , so i dont think its just my imagination.

That is exactly what I have been saying! There are larger issues at hand relating to the H80 & H100's. Even if you don't have a faulty batch as reported (like you) or like me (11289403).

I have posted a thread here which no one has replied to: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99732

I have logged a support call and was asked to RMA the unit. I specifically told the person I was dealing with that I live in South Africa and that it would cost way too much to send it back. I basically just wanted confrimation that the unit is in fact faulty and that I would return it to our local distributor. I specifically asked that they advise which batches are working so that I can relay this to my distributor to ensure I don't keep on getting the dodgy units as warranty replacements - no reply yet from Corsair...

Further to this I requested that they dig a little deeper and investigate exactly which batches are problematic. From what I can see so far there are a couple:

* 11359403 (confirmed by Corsair)

* 11309403 (confirmed by you)

* 11289403 (confirmed by me and a couple of other people)

This excludes the issue they had with initial batches (like mine) that had the waterblock plastic covers come off due to bad quality adhesive.

ALL problematic batches need to be made public so we can take informed steps to ensure we get the "working" goods.

I don't have a personal grudge against Corsair, hell, I have just started becomming a big fan (my PSU & chassis is also Corsair products).

PS: I use CoreTemp to measure my temps through Windows. Just ensure you get the latest version as it may report incorrect values if an old version is used

Finally got my replacement H100! :D

My initial unit had a batch/lot code of 11289403 and had fan controller issues.

The "supposed" problematic fan controllers came from batch/lot code 11359403 "only" (don't think so though).

My replacement unit has a batch/lot code of 11389403 - guys, please hold thumbs that this boy is the one to work its magic...

Are you trying to adjust the fan speed while the CPU is at idle or when it is under load? The liquid in the loop has to achieve a set temp (40*C IIRC) before the fan profiles will change, no matter what you physically select on the fan controller. Since your reported temps are so low, this may be the issue.

Are you trying to adjust the fan speed while the CPU is at idle or when it is under load? The liquid in the loop has to achieve a set temp (40*C IIRC) before the fan profiles will change, no matter what you physically select on the fan controller. Since your reported temps are so low, this may be the issue.

Not yet connected to the CPU. Sitting "outside" my chassis to initially "test" the unit. Did not want to go through all the trouble of completely installing it only to find that it did not work.

Even if what you say is true, surely the fans will just stay off and kick into whichever gear (profile) you set it once that 40 degree celcius threshhold is reached?

The fans instead spin up and down erratically. Start for 10 sec > stops for 10 sec > starts for 10 sec > stops for 10 seconds etc.

My cpu will only hit 40 degrees on core 3 sometimes. And thats in aida64, on the asus probe or whatever nothing is getting past 33degree's.

This could be the issue of 40 degrees... but shouldnt i be able to go from balanced to quiet mode even under 40?

Or is the balanced light actually putting out quiet rpms until the 40? and then goes to UP to balanced.

I have no idea how to test past 40 degrees as i have no way to make more heat but to OC but im afraid to start OCing without knowing whats going on in both temps and my cooler.

Also the graphic in http://www.corsair.com/blog/understanding-the-hydro-series-h80-and-h100-cooling-performance-profiles/ shows the fans changing speeds with lower temps than 40degrees.

So....

Looks like its the threshold for maximum RPMs in any of the profiles. To test, though, simply load up the CPU (Prime95, LinX, etc.) for ~10 minutes with the manual profile set to "low/quiet", then switch it to max speed. You should hear/feel a noticeable difference in fan speed almost instantly.

Looks like its the threshold for maximum RPMs in any of the profiles. To test, though, simply load up the CPU (Prime95, LinX, etc.) for ~10 minutes with the manual profile set to "low/quiet", then switch it to max speed. You should hear/feel a noticeable difference in fan speed almost instantly.

I let it run 11 minutes on quiet setting , and was 40-41 degreeish .then i hit the performance profile and i definitely noticed a sound change, and MAYBE a temp change to like 39-41 instead. Still quiet tho. Had to really put my ear up there as i changed it, and it had to have only been a few hundred rpm change.

No audible change from quiet to balanced tho. And im guessing balanced was keeping it too on the border to get preformance to kick over before.

Once i start OCing i MIGHT notice a difference.

Im not sure if im more impressed with the performance of the cooler or if i have a super cpu yet.

I tried to put Coretemp on there to get another programs reading to see but it requires internet and the computer is not hooked up yet, waiting on a desk.

Any other recommendations?

I'd like to get a idea about this with OCing.

Finally got my replacement H100! :D

My initial unit had a batch/lot code of 11289403 and had fan controller issues.

The "supposed" problematic fan controllers came from batch/lot code 11359403 "only" (don't think so though).

My replacement unit has a batch/lot code of 11389403 - guys, please hold thumbs that this boy is the one to work its magic...

Not yet connected to the CPU. Sitting "outside" my chassis to initially "test" the unit. Did not want to go through all the trouble of completely installing it only to find that it did not work.

Even if what you say is true, surely the fans will just stay off and kick into whichever gear (profile) you set it once that 40 degree celcius threshhold is reached?

The fans instead spin up and down erratically. Start for 10 sec > stops for 10 sec > starts for 10 sec > stops for 10 seconds etc.

Yup, my 2nd unit too, is faulty. This time round its slightly different issues but still relating to a defective fan controller.

CorsairGeorge over at OVERCLOCK.NET noticed my 2nd disappointment/issue and asked that I email him (which I did). Just waiting on him for further feedback...

I will continue my posts (if need be) relating to my issue in the thread I originally started here for those of you who are interested: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99732

Thanks for all the input received ;):

Archived