Corsair Community

vengeance 1866 timings

vectisitch

hi.i have 8gb(2x4gb) of vengeance blue 1866 ram on a gigabyte ga-p67a-ud7-b3 board. i have set the timings at the stated 9/10/9/27 1T. i have my cpu clocked at 4.2 at the moment but the pc won't boot unless i set my ram at 1333.it won't boot at 1600 or 1866. what can i do to get it to run at the rated speed.cheers

thanks ramguy.ok,i set failsafe default and the profile 1.the pc refused to boot so i took out 1 stick and it booted with 1866 set.run memtest and it passed.tried the other stick and it refused to boot with profile 1 but booted when it reset itself to 1333.ran memtest and it passed but only at 1333.i've also been having random crashes to desktop while gaming.also my overclocks have been playing up with the motherboard not keeping the oveerclock so do you think that stick of ram is faulty?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
I am sorry as I do not have access to the RMA system from Tech Support, we can only generate the case or approve the request. Please contact our customer service with your POD and they will take care of you.

Archived