Corsair Community

H80 Pump Noises

BoostedG35

Hello,

Been browsing for the last week and reading other people's threads with what seems to be the same issue I am having. I recently built a new PC, got everything up and running around Oct 2nd. Everything seemed good until the next weekend, I had an odd sound coming from the case. Sounded like a hard drive was constantly reading, or a fan was hitting something. I opened the case and sure enough it was coming from the pump on my CPU from the H80.

I left it be for a while, to see if it would work itself out but it got very annoying very quickly so I started searching for a fix. I already have the PC assembled - I don't want to RMA it if I don't have to! It seems to go away every once in a while, but this last weekend it was constantly making the sound. I started tapping on it, nothing would help. Finally, it just went away and I thought it was gone until this morning when I woke up :(. It was back, and seemingly worse. I angled the PC a bit and instead of the normal grinding sound it actually sounds more like a clicking sound when on an angle. Stood it back up and that clicking sound went away but it never used to make that sound before, either fully up right, on its side, or at an angle.

I think I just need to return this cooler to Newegg. I just want anyone's thoughts here before I take the time and trouble to do it. How many people have this sound and how many do not? What are the changes a new unit has the same sound?

Thanks for any help!

Case number 2329593. I also sent in a technical support request before the RMA request, I didn't see the last option to enter my post number.

I would appreciate it if you could replace it before I ship mine back. I'll happily pay for the product and have you refund me when it comes back. I would like to speak to someone on the phone, can you please tell me a way to contact you, RAM Guy?

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry but you will need to conatct our customer service for that, I have approved the RMA request for you and once you get the RMA conformation email then please contact our customer service and they will take care of you.

But I would try and lay the system on its side for about an hour and see if the noise goes away.

Archived