Corsair Community

Performance 3 128GB BSOD -> not detected by bios

Cadu

Hello, thank you for providing these boards!

I purchased a 128GB Performance 3 SSD a week and a half ago and installed a clean 64bit Win 7 Pro. A couple days ago I got a random BSOD while watching a movie on netflix and the computer rebooted fine. This morning it did it again when I was just looking through some files on my deskstop, however it hung on the boot screen where it says enabling AHCI driver for a couple minutes then automatically went to the bios, where the SSD was no longer detected. I turned my computer off and powered it down and upon turning it back on this afternoon it booted fine off the SSD like nothing had happened.

I am currently still in the window where the local reseller will replace the product and save me time and delay with a mail RMA. Is this likely a sign of a faulty drive and that this will happen more and more frequently so I should go replace it locally now?

Thanks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I only have a day left to go to my local store. Were this a force 3 I'd just go, but I hadn't seen as many complaints about this issue with the performance 3 series.

There's no firmware update available for your drive, so the only things you can try are different SATA drivers, clearing CMOS, different SATA cable, different SATA port, new win install, etc.

I'd prolly just get it replaced tbh and do the fixes afterwards if the problem persists. Then you've ruled out the disk at least.

Archived