Corsair Community

Power light and HDD light on 600T

Ken429

I have two 600T cases, one with an ASUS P8z68-V Pro MB and one with a Gigabyte GA EP45 UD3P MB. The case with the ASUS MB shows the blinking Power Button when it is in Sleep Mode and the HD light blinks when the HD's are being used. However, the case with the Gigabyte MB does not show a blinking Power Button when it is in Sleep Mode AND the HD light no longer blinks when the HD's are active. I suspect the absence of blinking Power Button maybe just a MB limitation (even though the Gigabyte manual suggests it should work) but I am sure the HD light was working when I built the system. Any suggestions on how I can test the stuff on the case or the MB to determine the root cause. Is there some little gaget I can buy to check the HD light? If it is the case light(s) does Corsair have an way to replace the stuff in the case?

Ok, I stole the HDD Led from another vendors case and hooked it up to the Gigabyte MB and it worked. So... this is the first time I've had a LED go bad on a computer case. Corsair, is there any way of getting a new one for the 600T? This one is only 3 or 4 months old.

I said in the previous post that the HDD LED worked when I connected a "front panel" from a different case. I have built 20+ systems over the years so I have been down the +/- path many times. The HDD LED is broke/burned out/defective and I am trying to get a replacement front panel from Corsair since I suspect there is an issue with the blinking Sleep LED also.

Ram Guy,

I think I need a little help with the fron panel RMA. I submitted it on the 13th and again an ammended one on the 14th and have not gotten a response. Did I just get spoiled on the fan RMA - the response was almost immediate?

Ram Guy,

I got a "speedy" response on the RMA request and it says I need to look at replacing the whole case! Best you look at what is going on, I don't think I should have to replace the case because a HDD light is not working?! I have not taken the front of the case off but I would think the front panel is replaceable?! For some reason the RMA group thinks the fan control is the problem (?) - but that is part of the "front panel" USB connectors, Power Light, USB Connector HDD light. A little guidence is needed.

Unfortunately, You will need to replace the whole case. I was assuming it was possible to remove the front panel controls and replace it. But if they said you will need to replace the whole case then replace it. It might be the front panel controls are unable to be removed (glued,rivets, etc).

• Corsair Employees

Please Call our customer service on Monday after 8:30 AM, DO NOT send your case. They will likely send you another case to resolve this. But call in and they will let you know what needs to be done if its not already being shipped to you.

The number is listed under contact on the main site

• 2 weeks later...

Ram Guy,

I'm not making any progress on my case problem! I called Customer Service on Monday at 9 AM (10/24/2011) and finally got a call back from Harold Nguyen towards evening. He said the first person I sent the information to via email was out of town and I should send it to him. I did that on 10/24/2011. I have not gotten a response as of today (10/31/2011). I called Customer Service again today and was told Harold is still waiting for a response from his product manager and he may get back to me with a decision soon?? If I bought a case that has an inbedded control panel and if something minor goes wrong I should just live with it - just tell me that and I'll go away. But...that seems like somebody needs to do a little design re-work on an otherwise great case.

Archived