Corsair Community

Problem: TwinX1024-3200XLPRO on A8V Deluxe

I want 2-2-2-5-1 timing on my TwinX1024-3200XLPRO. Keep in mind I have already updated the BIOS and such. Do I have to raise the FSB/cpu voltage in order to reach this? or can I just raise the DDR voltage to let's say 2.7v w/o overclocking anything. I just want the timings, no need to overclock memory.

[quote name='lkhyperx']I want 2-2-2-5-1 timing on my TwinX1024-3200XLPRO. Keep in mind I have already updated the BIOS and such. Do I have to raise the FSB/cpu voltage in order to reach this? or can I just raise the DDR voltage to let's say 2.7v w/o overclocking anything. I just want the timings, no need to overclock memory.[/QUOTE] Just FYI, running any timings tighter than the industry spex (JEDEC spex-3,3,3,8) is overclocking so what you are trying to do is actually OCing. When you OC with the latencies or by raising the RAM frequency, it is a good idea to raise the RAM voltage as the voltage demands will increase. This adds to your stability. I'm not sure what options your bios allows but, I'd raise it to around 2.7 or 2.75v. Just don't go over 2.8v which is the max your warranty allows. There should be no need to increase the CPU Vcore in order to run these timings. Just raise the RAM voltage. Mike

Yes, you should set it to 2.7v manually. I can run 2-2-2-5-1T error free. I have posted my settings and findings in the other thread here: [url]http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=27851[/url] Enjoy, ix.

Archived