Corsair Community

Hydro Series Fan Controller

ugh

First of all, don't flame me too much - first post.

Secondly, I have seen the video and blog on how to install the H80.

but I still don't understand how the button on the so called "integrated push button on the top of the cooling unit" works:confused:

After installing the H80, I don't push the button at all so that none of the fan profile lights are on but I think the little "man" light is on - sometimes.

Is this on Automatic mode? Does it use the three profiles automatically?

And is there an automatic mode as the cooling unit knows what there temperature is?

TIA

I have also just got an H100 and installed in my 600T.

Yes I can cycle the H100 fan controller through the three automatic speed options, but holding the button down seems to get all of the lights flashing, including the little person for a while. No instructions on use supplied and I can't find anything obvious searching the forums. Can someone point me at a user guide or similar for full details?

Thanks!

Holding the button down constantly should trigger the reset of the fan controlling software, which is not what you want to normally do. But the reset operation is a bit more involved than that.

I'll try to find the info you are looking for. Corsair support is off on the weekends, for a much needed rest, so hang in there for now...

Holding the button down constantly should trigger the reset of the fan controlling software, which is not what you want to normally do. But the reset operation is a bit more involved than that.

I'll try to find the info you are looking for. Corsair support is off on the weekends, for a much needed rest, so hang in there for now...

NP, thanks for responding. the H100 is working fine, but I always like to know about the options any hardware is capable of - I did wonder if selecting the little person somehow would provide manual fan control.

Did you guys see this info:

http://www.corsair.com/blog/understanding-the-hydro-series-h80-and-h100-cooling-performance-profiles/

I must say that I just own H60's, but I think the little man icon indicates manual mode. How you adjust things in manual mode is beyond me, and may be accomplished with the yet to be released Corsair Link... thing.

If that link is blocked due to security checking, let me know.

Yes, I had read this article.

Yes, I can get the little man to flash but no idea how to select, or what that'd mean anyway, hence my request. Maybe someone at Corsair can advise Monday.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "how to select".

With each momentary press of the button, the pump should cycle through the three speed ranges, and the lights on the top of the pump should light up, corresponding to the three settings, one light is Quiet, two lights is Balanced, three lights is Performance.

BTW, are you using the Corsair fans, or something else?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "how to select".

With each momentary press of the button, the pump should cycle through the three speed ranges, and the lights on the top of the pump should light up, corresponding to the three settings, one light is Quiet, two lights is Balanced, three lights is Performance.

BTW, are you using the Corsair fans, or something else?

Yes, it works exactly as you say. Using corsair fans at present.

What I mean is, is there a manual mode, suggested by the little person, and if so, how is it selected? Also interested if there are any other features available via the button - you mentioned firmware reset, anything else?

@parsec I have read and seen the video on the H80/H100 plus I understand that you can select the 3 different profiles. But following some of your threads, after resetting the unit by holding the button for a few seconds, I get NO profile lights at all but sometimes, not all the time, the man is lit up.

So the question is, when NO profile lights are on (don't care whether the man is lit up), what mode is it in? Fully automatic, lower than the low profile...

Archived